IGNORED

Why still pre-order for VCS?

Rick Dangerous

There's now a dedicated section here for the Atari VCS, I saw on Facebook.
(We don't have any of the three retailers here, so I'm not sure which is useful.)

Maybe that's useful to anybody who wants a system, but you cannot order yet.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/brands/atari/pcmcat1618863381809.c?

image.thumb.png.02e6c6369c8f8fc5e6bc2ff3093b65fc.png

9 minutes ago, DidSomeoneSayAtari? said:

I ordered mine in September and they still haven't shipped it. Now I feel I won't get it any sooner than people ordering on the 15th. Atari will have had my money for 9 months and the new orders will have a free hat. Irritating.

I would contact them ASAP.  I just ordered one for my sister three weeks ago and it arrives at her doorstep tomorrow.  Sounds like they lost your order or it didn't go through somehow.

4 hours ago, DidSomeoneSayAtari? said:

Was it black walnut? They say my order is valid but still in queue for shipping. 

Yes.  I ordered the black walnut.  All the VCS orders are being fulfilled by Rush Order Inc. and they don't seem to be shipping in any particular order.  I am sure that yours will be shipping soon if it hasn't already.  This is the same issue the backers had with the Indiegogo campaign.  There is no rhyme or reason to their shipping order.

I also just checked and it was about 5 weeks since I ordered.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually pre-ordered two (one in August and another in October...had planned for one to be a Christmas 2020 gift...so that's funny in retrospect). I received the All-In bundle for the October preorder on the 10th, but hadn't received any word on the August order. I ended up contacting support once they started sending out the "low stock" e-mails and they responded that they would be processing my order soon. That just arrived today. If you haven't received a pre-order, opening a ticket with support seems to be your best bet.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

That is the rumor.  I don't recall seeing anything official from Atari though.  It's a shame as I would have loved to get one of those "Carbon Gold" units.  I personally thought they were really cool looking.

• 1 month later...

I´ve ordered mine on June 26th and it was shipped to a friend in Salt Lake City about 1 1/2 weeks later.

Yesterday it came to Germany thanks to another friend from SL,UT. :) (Just love that abbreviation, I´ll never grow up, I guess)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4