IGNORED

Can I save BASIC programs to the FinalGrom?

AtariNostalgia

2 minutes ago, AtariNostalgia said:

How would I compile a TI Extended Basic program. The FinalGrom would be running TI Extended Basic, so how do I use a compiler, unless I use a tape recorder?

Instructions below. Yes, you apparently have to use a tape recorder (or a substitute). You could go all cross-platform (emulation), and use disks there.

TI-99/4A Development resources
I think converting the compiled program to cartridge format can only be done cross-platform.

8 minutes ago, AtariNostalgia said:

Do you have any examples of what is required to save to a Cellphone? That would really help.

Well, the TI-cassette-cables have jacks and some cellphones take one (mine do). I think it's been covered a few times on this forum. Here's one (I hope).
Cassette tape recorder alternatives

Edited by sometimes99er
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, AtariNostalgia said:

The Tipi since very complicated.

I only reboot (by unplugging and plugging back up) if it doesn't work..I haven't had to do that in probably a month and only because we had storms.

Someone could easily set it up for you, and you're on your way. Power up, and use disk drives, DSK0 DSK1,DSK2 like normal..put programs in folders on those drives.

Easy weassy

And the help is phenomenal

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AtariNostalgia said:

I live in Greece. I don't think there are many TI users here to do it for me.

The videos are the place to start. Like greg said, watch those to get a feel of things. This tipi is your ticket to freedom for your computer, well worth the learning curve. Maybe order it completely setup from Greg?

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

No it has no connector so you would need to either solder on one or use a splitter and adapter to hook up tipi.. best idea is to get the combo board and shelf or sell that 32k

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Do you have a direct link for it? The ones I see are out of stock? Also can you manage to send them from within the EU?

Thanks.

I talked to the seller and he says you bought one with a TIPI sidecar plug, and he also sells the sidecar tipi but hes got to assemble one and is pretty busy with another project. That's going to be the cheapest route.. I can ship from the states any time if you want one sooner.

Greg 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

I talked to the seller and he says you bought one with a TIPI sidecar plug, and he also sells the sidecar tipi but hes got to assemble one and is pretty busy with another project. That's going to be the cheapest route.. I can ship from the states any time if you want one sooner.

Greg 

Thanks Greg. So my 32K is compatible after all. I guess I'll wait and get a TiPI. In the meantime, I tried the tape recorder and it works fine after all these years!

• Like 3