IGNORED

I was a pre release tester for Parker Brothers atari games

MikeDijital777

5 hours ago, juansolo said:

Slight tangent. My brother and I when we were kids were once going through my grandad's record collection. He was a musician, played keyboard and trumpet, but was mainly into big band type stuff. To this day we were blown away finding a Deep Purple record in there (pretty heavy stuff in it's time, and yes we're old).

Makes sense. Jon Lord the keyboard player was classically trained, and Ritchie Blackmore is considered to be the father of Neoclassical rock, Many Neoclassical players like Yngwie Malmsteen credit blackmore and Uli Jon Roth from very early "scorpions" with starting the style.

Anyone into big band is going to know their music, You Grandad had taste.   Im super into metal and all the way on the other end with techno and stuff... but the first CD I ever got, and wanted was when i was 15  .. lol and I still have it

DSC06588.JPG

• Like 2

That is a pretty cool story! My parents worked for the Salvation Army during the crash, we had a "Columbia Home Arcade", but I got a ton of 2600 games and later a full (floor demo maybe?) Atari 800XL w/ disk drive and printer plotter. We didn't have a lot of money but i was relatively rich in 2600 games...

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 2:53 AM, juansolo said:

Slight tangent. My brother and I when we were kids were once going through my grandad's record collection. He was a musician, played keyboard and trumpet, but was mainly into big band type stuff. To this day we were blown away finding a Deep Purple record in there (pretty heavy stuff in it's time, and yes we're old).

I have few memories of my great uncle who died in the mid 80s. He handed out the presents at Christmas and was a bus driver... that’s about it.

But he also owned a Chaka Khan cassette, which has always made me chuckle when I think about it.

Edited by Laner
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...