IGNORED

Does anyone trade games and stuff on here anymore?

sdamike

Hey guys, I used to do trades alot on nintendo age, and a few on here at atariage too but that was years ago.  Im curious, before I go re-typing out lists of stuff I have available and want lists, does anyone trade on here anymore? Just dont want to waste a bunch of time fixing my lists if its a hard no lol

4 hours ago, Classic Pac said:

My advice is don't be disappointed if you get zero replies. I have offered items for trade a few times and got zero replies myself.

Thanks for replying. The lack of replies to my question doesnt have me feeling too good about it lol.
I have a bunch of stuff though and would rather trade vs. sell. Hmmmm....

Within the last week I've done 2 full and 1 partial trade/cash mix and so far it has all worked out well.  Sometimes it's better, sometimes worse, depends on the item.

I know from history though I used to have a sales/trade thread and despite having variety (though a lack of atari) and a price under the usual going rate a little I barely got bites so I stopped bothering with it.  So maybe your luck like mine just sucked.

On 2/21/2021 at 3:09 PM, sdamike said:

Hey guys, I used to do trades alot on nintendo age, and a few on here at atariage too but that was years ago.  Im curious, before I go re-typing out lists of stuff I have available and want lists, does anyone trade on here anymore? Just dont want to waste a bunch of time fixing my lists if its a hard no lol

I'm not saying trades don't happen, but most of the time (at least when I've attempted) people want to trade a bunch of common/mediocre stuff for rare stuff.

I've asked a mod in the past on starting trade threads in specific console forums...the idea being, you post the stuff you want to trade (Atari 7800 stuff say) in the 7800 forum in one ongoing trade thread. You're then at least delivering the tradebait to (likely) a more interested audience. You may also be closer to finding someone who has something else you want, assuming you aren't exiting collecting for X system completely. "Hey I'm a 7800 guy with a Mean 18. Oh you have two Tank Commands and I have none. Let's talk"

Frankly I do think we could get some friendly trades going in the system forums. But expecting people to check here regularly in the off chance of finding something...seems hard to buy. Whereas with one "7800 trade thread" in the 7800 forum, one could get alerts and more easily check all on offer.

• Like 1

I've done trades on here - even trading systems before.  Although, it has been a while since I did one.

You have to be persistent because your threads will get lost with the rest of the posts AND keep in mind that many of the folks "active" here already have A LOT of crap - LOL.

9 hours ago, Jinroh said:

I am up for trades as well. :3

Another member and I drove like 4 hours each to trade some PCs. :3

It was fun, we met at an arcade and despite the threat of snow, a decent drive. :D

This actually reminded me that one time I took a box of C64 game boxes on a business trip and met up with another member for a trade.  I had forgotten about that one.

• Like 2