IGNORED

CoCoFest 2021 is moving... sort of

JamesD

They are going to be changing the date of CoCoFest thanks to current restrictions/issues.
Lets hope this year's fest doesn't meet the same fate as last year's fest.

You can find details at the link below. 
I've never been to a CoCoFest myself, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

https://www.glensideccc.com/the-29th-annual-last-chicago-cocofest-is-moving/

4 hours ago, JamesD said:

They are going to be changing the date of CoCoFest thanks to current restrictions/issues.
Lets hope this year's fest doesn't meet the same fate as last year's fest.

You can find details at the link below. 
I've never been to a CoCoFest myself, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

https://www.glensideccc.com/the-29th-annual-last-chicago-cocofest-is-moving/

You have to go, you will love it.

My normal (pre Covid) routine was Cocofest and VCF East in the spring and VCF MidWest and Tandy Assembly in the fall.  Coincidently Cocofest and VCF MidWest are both in Chicago Land and are only a few miles aopart.  I stay at the same Motel for both in Naperville

Edited by rietveld

11 hours ago, rietveld said:

You have to go, you will love it.

My normal (pre Covid) routine was Cocofest and VCF East in the spring and VCF MidWest and Tandy Assembly in the fall.  Coincidently Cocofest and VCF MidWest are both in Chicago Land and are only a few miles aopart.  I stay at the same Motel for both in Naperville

Well, my current job kinda requires I work when there's work, so it's difficult to get away, and the guys I work with have integrated me with their plans for a new company which could keep me very busy.
If I go I'd probably drive and some of us could car pool.  There's at least 3 of us that would be along the same route.

VCF MidWest might actually appeal to me more since I "play" with several old computers. 
Atari, Apple II, Plus/4...
I've even ported some BASIC to the C64.  I felt dirty afterwards but I did it. :D

Edited by JamesD

14 minutes ago, JamesD said:

Well, my current job kinda requires I work when there's work, so it's difficult to get away, and the guys I work with have integrated me with their plans for a new company which could keep me very busy.
If I go I'd probably drive and some of us could car pool.  There's at least 3 of us that would be along the same route.

VCF MidWest might actually appeal to me more since I "play" with several old computers. 
I've even ported some BASIC to the C64.  I felt dirty afterwards but I did it. :D

VCF midwest is awesome since the same club that holds cocofest also setsup a table at VCF

17 minutes ago, JamesD said:

Representing Tandy at vCFMW https://imgur.com/gallery/naBYN9h

this vwas my Tandy setup at VCF midwest

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2021 at 7:23 AM, JamesD said:

<< SNIP >>

I wish you could make it...  I would love to meet up with you in person...

MarkO

I'm glad to hear Tandy Assembly is back on this year in Ohio.  I'm not into the CoCo, but if there's issues with Chicago, why not just move it 30 minutes east into Indiana?  We only had a few weeks of inconveniences during the height, but business has actually been booming since this time last year due to all the FIPs coming here to shop at the malls, get haircuts, go to restaurants etc.  We don't even have a mask mandate anymore.

• Like 1