IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 14 - Game 5 - Thunder Castle - SPECIAL SCORING

Rickster8

35 minutes ago, mr_me said:

No, that would be considered farming and not what I'm talking about.  You can progress through the game normally and still collect more lives by keeping your score low.

Right...by grabbing the comb and cutting your score in half, thus making your score hit the needed amount for an extra life.  Problem is, your score would be very low throughout the whole game, and your lives are still maxed out at 9.

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

I didn’t know either of those. That’s good! 

only one candlestick per screen? I never realized! I guess it keeps coming out until you grab one! 

ok that works! 

Yep. And only 9 lives max, so it doesn’t pay to hang around. Just kill the enemies and move on. 

• Like 1

My Thunder Castle Update: I gotta say I'm NOT a big fan of this game at all. I find it almost impossible to catch the wizards. I had 5 guys on screen two and every one of them died and I didn't catch one f'kin wizard. ?? The mouse who is supposed to energize you instead runs away from you. I feel they really made a HUGE development flaw in not allowing the Knight to speed up when energized. Just plain STUPID!!!! Not gonna spend too much time on this one cuz it flat out pisses me off.... Again we should change this seasons theme to games that frustrate the hell out of you.... ?

2x 10,000 + 11,500 = 31,500

THUNDERCASTLE(11500)HSC14.jpg.19d4dfdbccdc45badd054aba64893b0d.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

My Thunder Castle Update: I gotta say I'm NOT a big fan of this game at all. I find it almost impossible to catch the wizards. I had 5 guys on screen two and every one of them died and I didn't catch one f'kin wizard. ?? The mouse who is supposed to energize you instead runs away from you. I feel they really made a HUGE development flaw in not allowing the Knight to speed up when energized. Just plain STUPID!!!! Not gonna spend too much time on this one cuz it flat out pisses me off.... Again we should change the name of this seasons theme to games that frustrate the hell out of you.... ?

It’s all in using the items the right way.  Use the grail and the crown to your advantage...those are the 2 best items. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt

For those not knowing:
Grail gets you a free Energize of the knight when you hit the side button.

Crown gets you a freeze of the Enemies (Guardians) for a few seconds.

Necklace speeds you up for a few seconds.

Lantern doubles the knight's energy (AKA ONLY use this one after your ENERGIZED)

Key lets you walk thru ONE Wall/Gate (AND YES BE CAREFUL as any WALL counts as your ONE WALL.)

Ring moves you randomly in maze.

Also any of the ABOVE Can only have one at a time, if you pick up a different one without using the previous, it gets replaced with the new one. Picking any of the three below DOES NOT replace your power up above.

Coins just get you points (500)
Candlestick gets you an extra life

Comb drops your score in half (AKA EVIL)

Edited by cparsley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Level 9 

18,900 = 108,900. 

I ate one comb. Hopefully it helped? I ate it right after 20k hoping to get another free man at 20k again. No idea if it helped? When I ate many combs I couldn’t tell if I got extra men. 

I like this game but after a few tries... I’m getting sick of it!!! :) 

25491998-5A55-4244-93A7-B6CD1BA1D452.jpeg

Edited by INTELLIVISION SPARTAN
  • Like 3

** EIGHT ** attempts ... first attempt was 4400 on the second screen wizard level. My final was 4900 (yes a whopping 500 more points), never got past screen 2 and I’m done for now. I may try again later but there’s too much running and chasing and praying and not enough action. Meh.

2 x 10,000 + 4,900 = crappola (24,900 in English)

7351BECC-AC04-42FA-ADAE-AA8652A6A356.jpeg

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, ClassicGMR said:

** EIGHT ** attempts ... first attempt was 4400 on the second screen wizard level. My final was 4900 (yes a whopping 500 more points), never got past screen 2 and I’m done for now. I may try again later but there’s too much running and chasing and praying and not enough action. Meh.

2 x 10,000 + 4,900 = crappola (24,900 in English)

Gotta use the items to your advantage!  That’s the secret sauce to this game!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

Ok, I finally reached level 9, but unfortunately I hit the comb on my way there and it cost me some points early on.  ?

I do have this performance on video as well.

33,700 + 90k for level 9 = 123,700

This is definitely one of my favorite games for the system, but the homebrew Mystic Castle is even better! I recommend that one if you ever get your hands on it…the knight is much faster, making it easier to kill the enemies, and is a TON of fun!  4 different speed options too. 

C39606C7-635E-440C-8C5C-D7756528ED77.jpeg

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 5

My Thunder Castle Update: Slight improvement, but I'm at a huge disadvantage cuz I just cannot remember what all the items do. I thought I was energized from one of the items and tried to kill a wizard only to have him kill me cuz I wasn't energized. Uggghhh. This was the 1st time I've ever gotten to level 3 so this is probably my max on this one. ?

3x 10,000 + 14,000 = 44,000

THUNDERCASTLE(14000)HSC14.jpg.cab306a6765e264e8bc275cef698648e.jpg

• Like 4