IGNORED

Intellivision for PC Preview

Lathe26

11 minutes ago, fdr4prez said:

does it work?

Yes, but it is tricky.

First, it is a 16-bit Windows program so it won't run under Windows 10 (at least the 64-bit version I have).

Second, it crashes with error like "Runtime error 200" when I run it in a virtual machine running Windows 3.1.  Turns out this is because of a known bug in Borland's Turbo Pascal where running on anything faster than a Pentium 200Mhz causes this error.  However, if you download PatchCRT.exe and run it, it will patch the program's code to work around the bug.

Third, I don't get any sound out of it.  This might be a problem with the program or an issue with how I set up my virtual machine.  At this point, I felt satisfied in getting it to run as well as I did and stopped.

INTVPC was written in Borland Pascal and it is a Dos based program. After the preview, came a couple of 3 game 'packs' that also advertised the coming Intellivision Lives! CD. 

If I remember correctly, the emulator worked on my 386 DX 40. I was playing baseball with hand controllers on my 486 when people were saying that an Intellivision emulator didn't exist. Lots of fun dumping all of my cartridges and borrowing every one that I could get my hands on with the cartridge dumper that Scott Nudds (Boulder Dash) created.  

Edited by Games For Your Intellivision
fixed typo
  • Like 1

Is it the same as the download with astrosmash, skiing, utopia.  It had dos and windows emulators.  If the floppy has a dos version it will run in a dosbox emulator.

https://web.archive.org/web/19990128062006/http://www.makingit.com/intellivision/download.shtml/

Edit:

Regarding running windows 3.x on modern hardware, unless you're emulating an old sound card, windows 3.x won't have drivers for modern audio chips.  I think vmware has some sort of sound card emulation otherwise try emulating in Pcem.

Edited by mr_me