IGNORED

Blank TI99/4A disk image?

Harry Potter

• 10 months later...

I did some work, sort and rename, and removed some struggle... optimized all folders...

In this zip v3 is all what I actual have, including a "public" giveaway-folder with all examples

003-ALL-EMPTY-DISKS-TI-99-4A-V9T9-DSK-HFE-CF7--003.zip

xXx

PS: I think the credit for the PCODE file in Folder 01 goes to @hloberg ?

This is new and I was´t able to use it yet. Maybe we can have a link to the topic here ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

I did some work, sort and rename, and removed some struggle... optimized all folders...

In this zip v3 is all what I actual have, including a "public" giveaway-folder with all examples

003-ALL-EMPTY-DISKS-TI-99-4A-V9T9-DSK-HFE-CF7--003.zip 34.36 MB · 3 downloads

xXx

PS: I think the credit for the PCODE file in Folder 01 goes to @hloberg ?

This is new and I was´t able to use it yet. Maybe we can have a link to the topic here ?

I don't recognize this file but that doesn't mean I didn't create it. In any event it is useless if they were for the PCard blank disk. I would remove it. I'll create some useful Pcard disk for you but take a few days as I got to get the software out of mothballs. Pcard disk all have a file called PASCAL on them that the pcard sees and saves all files (kinda like how Forth does it). I'll create a few DSDD disk with that file and post them here. 

Edited by hloberg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

here is a blank DSDD PASCAL disk ready to be used in the P-SYSTEM or with the P-CARD. if it throws a VIB warning, ignore it, it works.

FYI: all the emulators to use these various disk are here at bottom of page marked MAME PACKAGES: https://ti99resources.wordpress.com/emulation/

BLANKDSDD.dsk

Edited by hloberg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2022 at 6:26 PM, hloberg said:

I don't recognize this file but that doesn't mean I didn't create it. In any event it is useless if they were for the PCard blank disk. I would remove it. I'll create some useful Pcard disk for you but take a few days as I got to get the software out of mothballs. Pcard disk all have a file called PASCAL on them that the pcard sees and saves all files (kinda like how Forth does it).

That's not true. Yes, there is a PASCAL file on the disk, but the p-system doesn't care about it. It will work the same if that file is called BASIC, or doesn't exist at all. The p-system does a sector access to its own directory on the disk, then use the information in that to do more sector accesses on the disk, to handle the p-system's files. The PASCAL file is there just to mark the disk as full, if you would use it in the standard operating system in the 99/4A. Otherwise you may mistake it for an empty disk, and erase everything.

All p-systems, for various machines, usually leave the first sectors on a disk alone. They are reserved for a bootloader, that can start the system from scratch. It's not needed on the 99/4A, since that bootloader resides on the p-code card.

By the way, you don't need any special p-system disks. You can take any disk and use the Filer's Zero command. That will install an empty p-system catalog on the disk.

• Like 5