IGNORED

Super Skateboardin'

Geoff Oltmans

The gameplay I enjoy, but the name Super Skateboardin' is it's biggest problem problem. It may have been a bit disapointing for some to buy this game new thinking it's going to be an actual skateboarding game like Skateboardin' on the 2600. I think that Super Switch Flippin' would have been a more accurate title. You could make the playable character a janitor riding a floor buffer and it would play the same. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 1:14 PM, Cousin Vinnie said:

I think if this game was like 2600's Adventure and could be randomized it would be one of the better games in the library. It's definitely bright and plays well. And falling off the roof? One of the most infamous moments in the library.

And, for those curious, there are a few interesting ways to fall off the roof:

• ride off the edge
  • ride off the edge while jumping
  • ride off the edge while kneeling (the animation is pretty wacky with this one)
  • tap down twice and watch your skateboard roll off.  Now you have the ability to walk or jump off without a board
  • same as the one above, but after dropping your skateboard, pick it up so you're walking with it.  Now, walk to the very edge of the roof.  Press down to put your skateboard down and... oh no!  It goes straight down THROUGH the roof!  Now you'll have to walk / jump off.

I don't know why, but this would make a really clip stupid video, showing all of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1