IGNORED

Imagic White Tray Variant

BBWW

Anyone know which Imagic games were released in White (Not Black) plastic trays inside the box? I have 3 Shrink-wrapped.

1) Demon Attack

2) Atlantis

3) Beauty and the Beast.

4) Nova Blast (Just found this it the Intellivision vault! I need to look at stuff more often.)

I have two Demon Attack (NIB) in white trays, if someone wants to trade for one I don't have.

I have all those games CIB but they all came with the standard black tray. The were not sealed, so I suppose the plastic tray COULD have been swapped out at some point, but...

EDIT: I also started collecting Imagic games for the Atari, but I don't have any with boxes. 

Edited by Intelligentleman

I don't have anything to add in regards to which games had the white trays, but good grief were they a cost-cutting measure by Imagic! The white trays, released towards the end of their run of making INTV games, are super thin plastic and tend to break extremely easily. The black trays are far superior. 

7 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

I don't have anything to add in regards to which games had the white trays, but good grief were they a cost-cutting measure by Imagic! The white trays, released towards the end of their run of making INTV games, are super thin plastic and tend to break extremely easily. The black trays are far superior. 

Good to know that, thanks!

I wasn't sure when they arrived! We have Nova Blast NIB with white tray as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BBWW said:

Good to know that, thanks!

I wasn't sure when they arrived! We have Nova Blast NIB with white tray as well.

I can add that since I started collecting imagic games for Atari, I've seen some white trays show up in the auctions. That said, there's nothing about the color white that should necessarily predicate an inherently sub par structural result. More likely it's that less plastic was used which would have been noticable to those familiar, so to compensate, they changed the pigmentation to white as a distractionary tactic.

44 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Wow, BIN? If so, helluva deal. For Fathom (regardless of tray color, of course). EDIT: whoops, Atari copy. Never mind...

Yeah it's Atari... But, the more I've been thinking about it, Imagic tends to make good games no matter what. I bet the Atari version is worth playing. At least, that's what I'm telling myself to keep from splurging on a the $$$ Intellivision version.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Intelligentleman said:

Yeah it's Atari... But, the more I've been thinking about it, Imagic tends to make good games no matter what. I bet the Atari version is worth playing. At least, that's what I'm telling myself to keep from splurging on a the $$$ Intellivision version.

Intarivisions did an episode comparing them. If I remember right, Intellivision's wasn't as well liked by any of them.

https://www.stitcher.com/show/intarivisions/episode/episode-20-fathom-58612135

• Like 1