IGNORED

BEWARE of WTB SCAM response

rietveld

I posted that I was looking for an Aquarius MODEM.

Just got a very suspect response to my add an hour ago and I posted this in the bad trader sub

BEWARE 

Sammy02  sent me a PM regarding a modem I was looking to buy.  Said he knew a guy who had one for sale and told me to text him for info.  The seller refused to give me his AA handle and insisted I send PAYPAL friends and family . (Huge red flag).  

Here is the message I got from Sammy02

I purchased some items from lucky932 some days ago and aquarius computer modem is among the items he showed me that he wanted to part out with. Maybe you should text him to know if it is still available.. Here's his number 608-XXX-XXXX

I checked Sammy02 's profile and he just created it and has ZERO posts

THAT SOB just texted me back and said he did not get my PAYPAL payment.  He wants me to check that I got his email address correct.     

autopartsstore01@aol.com

Hope he does not get a ton of SPAM to that email 

I am texting him right now (608) 561-7362

Edited by rietveld

2 minutes ago, rietveld said:

THAT SOB just texted me back and said he did not get my PAYPAL payment.  He wants me to check that I got his email address correct.     

autopartsstore01@aol.com

Hope he does not get a ton of SPAM to that email 

I am texting him right now (608) 561-7362

Ask him when he decided to become a scumbag criminal.  ?

Just now, IntyFanMatt said:

Ask him when he decided to become a scumbag criminal.  ?

We are talking about how awesome it will be for me to have a Modem for my Aquarius.  He seems very happy to sell it too me but is somewhat concerned that my PAYPAL transaction did not show up yet.  I told him it is probably delayed because iof the snow.  He does claim to live in Wisconsin

• Haha 2

• 4 months later...
13 minutes ago, OverMuch said:

This person just hit me up with almost the exact same scam.  He's now "prizealot."

Yep, same thing, this person signed up and after their account was validated sent PMs to 12 different people.  I logged in as the individual and sent PMs to every person he wrote warning it was a scam.  I then permanently banned the account.  The one public topic he started was also removed. 

If anyone ever sees a suspicious PM or post(s) that look like a scam, please let me know immediately so I can investigate and take action if need be.

Thanks,

..Al

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7