IGNORED

Dutch TV program "Driester" with arcade games and Atari 800 demonstration

Level42

Hey guys,

I have had this video material for quite a long time but couldn't publicize it any earlier.....the source is straight (digitalized copy) from the Dutch public broadcasting archives.

It's a very nice vintage Dutch TV program mostly about arcades but there's also a nice part from 20.51 with some (simple) demo of an Atari 800, which is quite remarkable as the 800 was never officially imported into The Netherlands. 

Naturally we Atari freaks also directly recognize Star Raiders as the game being used in the background....

There are subtitles but I apologize for the poor English up ahead, but at least you can get an idea what is said.

Enjoy !

Edited by Level42
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

It looks like something went wrong with synchronizing audio and video. The audio does not match the video you see (like 1:05 drift(!)). I happen to understand what they say ;) Hopefully you can fix this. It's great piece of television history, and image quality is nice considering how old it is!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Level42 said:

There are subtitles but I apologize for the poor English up ahead, but at least you can get an idea what is said.

17 hours ago, ivop said:

It looks like something went wrong with synchronizing audio and video. The audio does not match the video you see (like 1:05 drift(!)). I happen to understand what they say ;) Hopefully you can fix this. It's great piece of television history, and image quality is nice considering how old it is!

Same here and second ivop's kudos for the image quality! The subtitle text is fine but while we German speakers can't understand Dutch as easy as the Dutch seem to understand German, it is obvious that the subtitles don't match the spoken Dutch and sometimes there is no audio but the lips of the guy with the Atari on his desk still move.

Thanks for sharing!

On 2/27/2021 at 12:58 AM, ivop said:

Oh, please don't cut the intro with the coin machines and all. And it was nice to see Ruud ter Weijden again :)

1920px-Muhammad_Ali_signing_autographs_f

Muhammad Ali signing autographs for Volendam girls. Right: Ruud ter Weijden

No, definitie not that part, but the part with the more modern machines right at the beginning...that shouldn't be there, not interesting ;)