Sign in to follow this  
awbacon

Pikmin 3 - a game better with the Wii U GamePad

I appreciate that Nintendo is bringing all the Wii U games to Switch, as really not many people probably played them back on the Wii U...but Pikmin 3 is def one of those games that loses something when you don't have the second screen

• Like 2

I liked the demo a lot, had never played any of the games before. Wound up finding it on eBay for less than $10 8)

The GamePad had great usage and incredible untapped potential. Glad to see screen controllers aren't dead (Amico). They seemed to be more dead than dinosaurs.

On 2/23/2021 at 2:33 PM, awbacon said:

I appreciate that Nintendo is bringing all the Wii U games to Switch, as really not many people probably played them back on the Wii U...but Pikmin 3 is def one of those games that loses something when you don't have the second screen

I have often wondered what Zombi U plays like as Zombi on PS4. Without the second screen the game must have lost a ton of cool features. It was one of the few games that used the gamepad pretty much to its full potential.

21 hours ago, Zap1982 said:

I have often wondered what Zombi U plays like as Zombi on PS4. Without the second screen the game must have lost a ton of cool features. It was one of the few games that used the gamepad pretty much to its full potential.

I've read it is much harder without the gamepad mechanics wise 

Yeah, I really can't imagine ZombiU without the Gamepad.

Then again, I have no desire to play Resident Evil 4 without a Wiimote/nunchuck, either.

8 hours ago, Asaki said:

Yeah, I really can't imagine ZombiU without the Gamepad.

Then again, I have no desire to play Resident Evil 4 without a Wiimote/nunchuck, either.

ZombiU without the gamepad isn't worth it imo