IGNORED

Was there a newer port of Wolfenstein 3D for ST?

oky2000

I think a few months ago I saw something aimed at STE users and considered improved, may have been just a demo though, which I wanted to try on my stock Mega STE 16mhz to compare with what people purchasing 286 16mhz 800 bucks multimedia PCs around that time could expect. Seen a video of Wolf on a 286 with VGA now I want to try the best coded (bespoke coded not Wolf engine simulation?) that I think I saw mentioned somewhere last year. I could be remembering it wrong and perhaps it is an update of the only port in existence, who knows? Not me! But someone here will hopefully :)

Might as well start using this 'rare' stuff the way things for my generation are going with the virus! Expect a 'did it exist' ST computer model related unboxing soon and I will be unsealing my fav' Atari 800 cartridges to use with my NOS mint packaging 800XL too later this week! 

I know of an old port I saw half a decade ago on youtube that was not STE only as min spec, looking for something written only for the STE (possibly MSTE 16mhz) as min spec....if it exists.

My memory is for shit today playing the Russian Roulette 'trip to the shops to buy bread' bullshit of the pathetic UK government FAIL on Covid

I don't think that there is any game done for "Mega STE as min spec" . At 16 MHz it is faster some 50-80% (depends from running code), so on some ST, STE it will be just slower. And we have loooot of such games, SW ?

Furthermore, I don't see why would someone other deal with this game for Atari ST family. This was just step in 3D shooter direction.

And I would like much more to see Tomb Raider on Atari ST. Surely it is much more demanding, but some simplifications could make it work decently. After all, Atari people likes more female heroes - like top list lifetime (or better eternal) member Giana ?

• Like 1

Like I said I wasn't sure, I read homebrew news releases now and then and it may have been for something else. 

There is a Doom style game engine in the Posh demo by Checkpoint which is quite impressive indeed. I really like the music on that section of the demo. Can't remember if I tried it on STFM or STE.