IGNORED

How long have you been a member of eBay?

CPUWIZ

I think 2004 for me. I remember a few years doing all postal money orders as i didnt want paypal in my bank account....wow that was a pain in the ass!! And i remember snipe bidding by phone with phone call alerts from ebay on my flip phone lol 

Funnily enough, my first purchase there was either an Atari VCS or my heavy sixer Sears Video Arcade. I just don't remember which I bought first, but they were my first two. That was back when you could get an Atari VCS in really nice condition with some games for like $5-$10. I don't remember what I paid for my actual VCS, but I do remember that my Sears heavy sixer, in the box and complete, was $13.

I resold the heavy sixer a while ago - I just had too many Atari 2600 variants. But I still have that original Atari VCS. Obviously got more than $13 for the heavy sixer.

Edited by spacecadet

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 4:51 PM, high voltage said:

1998 or early 1999. I was in UK, and eBay hadn't arrived yet. I think eBay UK was mid or late 1999?

So I had to register with eBay USA. My nick was Corinna von Hausen.

My first item was Virtual Fishing (Japan only game for Virtual Boy).

And, men actually hit on me thinking I was female for real.

I still use a female name nowadays on ebay. Male sellers are so much nicer if I want to return something or cancel the auction. Always works.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...