IGNORED

www.9640News.com Website

9640News

I am in the process of developing a website as well as a Github  repository for the Geneve 9640.  I'm trying to make sure things can be easily found and accessed in the future.

Please check out http://www.9640News.com and let me know what you think here at this topic.  There are two respositories, one for MDOS and one for GPL that are still private access as the final release is not quite ready yet.  Please note the repositories for the Geneve Eprom and Load/Sys are still in beta and are not ready to be used.  In fact, they are actually outdated and still have some work to go.

Beery

• Like 12

Should we include a link to your website in the standard GeneveOS installations, maybe directly in the greeting message?

Currently, in the standard installation that can be set up by TIImageTool, a link to whtech is put into the AUTOEXEC. It would definitely be helpful for new users to have a link to go to when searching for information, FAQs, manuals etc.

1 hour ago, mizapf said:

Should we include a link to your website in the standard GeneveOS installations, maybe directly in the greeting message?

Currently, in the standard installation that can be set up by TIImageTool, a link to whtech is put into the AUTOEXEC. It would definitely be helpful for new users to have a link to go to when searching for information, FAQs, manuals etc.

I've got no issue with it.  Go for it.

Beery

• Like 3

Just some more comments; I know this is a first sketch.

a) Maybe you should explain on your website who is (or was) 9640News ("About").

b) The name "GeneveOS" should appear somewhere near "MDOS", maybe just as "aka", to avoid confusion whether this is the same or not.

The suggestion about the URL goes to Tim who may consider to add this to the welcome message.

• Like 2

No, I don't want to suggest removing "MDOS". It is perfectly OK to have both names. Geneve OS does not appear on Beery's site, so this would be at least helpful to find it mentioned.

My suggestion would be to include Beery's URL in the welcome message ("For more information visit ...").

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mizapf said:

No, I don't want to suggest removing "MDOS". It is perfectly OK to have both names. Geneve OS does not appear on Beery's site, so this would be at least helpful to find it mentioned.

My suggestion would be to include Beery's URL in the welcome message ("For more information visit ...").

I realize now that we may be talking about two different "welcome" messages :)  Yes, I fully agree with your suggestion

29 minutes ago, GDMike said:

I'm going to be printing tonight and was wondering if this Genasm v.1.0 is the latest booklet? Oh, I see a

genlnk v 1.0 too and genrefmath and utility...etc

Those are the latest, though in the past month we did identify a couple of edits for the DSR section that have not been posted.

• Like 1

Make sure you are at this link Manuals – 9640 News

If you select the MDOS & GPL Manual, it will open this link Geneve MDOS and GPL Manual – 9640 News

In the right corner of the window that starts to display the manual, there is a "Pop Out" icon that opens up a new window.  From there, you can then print or save the manual.

Beery

Preferably, go to https://www.9640News.com and on the HORIZONTAL tab, select the "Manuals" link that would lead you to the first link in the above message I posted.  That link will then lead you to the next link if you select the MDOS & GPL manual.

If you are having issues, it is either taking a while for your browser to download the pdf, or I would have to ask what browser you are using if nothing displays.

Beery

• Like 1

Just now, BeeryMiller said:

Preferably, go to https://www.9640News.com and on the HORIZONTAL tab, select the "Manuals" link that would lead you to the first link in the above message I posted.  That link will then lead you to the next link if you select the MDOS & GPL manual.

If you are having issues, it is either taking a while for your browser to download the pdf, or I would have to ask what browser you are using if nothing displays.

Beery

it was something with this firefox - as i remember an update went through...

ok, i printed and read the MDOS booklet, the first 20 pages have nothing to do with MDOS, but rather unpacking and setting up

Someone told me that MDOS could easily do graphics line drawing in 5 lines or so, and the MDOS book shows how. I never saw any examples in this book on that.

Are there examples and code commands anywhere, other than basic MDOS commands.?

thank you. im still searching..

so is general programing going to be tied to those GENxxx  manuals? is that what im missing maybe?

I'll print those out and try to figure out what this is all about.

Edited by GDMike

Beery, I see you are redoing MDOS, I have a request. Could you put a command line switch in the EXEC & GPL command for speed. A lot of TI99 games could be played with EXEC but are too fast. GPL has a menu speed selection but a command switch on startup would be nice since you could put it in a batch command.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hloberg said:

Beery, I see you are redoing MDOS, I have a request. Could you put a command line switch in the EXEC & GPL command for speed. A lot of TI99 games could be played with EXEC but are too fast. GPL has a menu speed selection but a command switch on startup would be nice since you could put it in a batch command.

Just a thought.

I use DM2K and I couldn't tell when I told it speed 1 because the cursor is just flying, but maybe it's that program..be nice to have a command line switch and could switch at will.

• Like 1