IGNORED

www.9640News.com Website

9640News

2 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

Preferably, go to https://www.9640News.com and on the HORIZONTAL tab, select the "Manuals" link that would lead you to the first link in the above message I posted.  That link will then lead you to the next link if you select the MDOS & GPL manual.

If you are having issues, it is either taking a while for your browser to download the pdf, or I would have to ask what browser you are using if nothing displays.

Beery

BTW, your NEW website is very attractive and easy to navigate. I think it's wonderful ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GDMike said:

ok, i printed and read the MDOS booklet, the first 20 pages have nothing to do with MDOS, but rather unpacking and setting up

Someone told me that MDOS could easily do graphics line drawing in 5 lines or so, and the MDOS book shows how. I never saw any examples in this book on that.

Are there examples and code commands anywhere, other than basic MDOS commands.?

thank you. im still searching..

so is general programing going to be tied to those GENxxx  manuals? is that what im missing maybe?

I'll print those out and try to figure out what this is all about.

Yes, general programming is tied to those manuals.  You should find yourself several source code examples for programming in MDOS.  Various utilities have been written that show the initial memory acquisition and use of the XOP's that are invaluable for getting a newby started.  Then, the information in the GenXXX manuals will make more sense.

The GenRefVID has details on graphics drawing, but first, you need to get the basics of setting up a program.

Beery

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GDMike said:

I use DM2K and I couldn't tell when I told it speed 1 because the cursor is just flying, but maybe it's that program..be nice to have a command line switch and could switch at will.

Hmm, I use DM2K with the GPL interpreter, at full speed launching from rompage using the Editor/Assembler module, and have no problem with the cursor.  This is the first report I have heard of the issue you are describing.

Might not hurt to post a video showing your bootup of MDOS and your process for launching DM2K to see what you may be doing differently.

I am told EXEC as well as GPL in the next release of MDOS will have some changes to deal with a files issue that has been there likely for 30+ years that have only been recently observed in some of the more recent MDOS testing.  I'm not the one maintaining EXEC or GPL, so no ideas if command line switches are even a possibility.

Beery

• Like 1

Maybe <- That's what we call a big maybe.

Something to look forward to...

McCann Software produced a number of leading edging packages for the Geneve.

After McCann left the TI world, the rights to reproduce software was sold to Dee Turner.

At some point, Dee also purchased Mac McCormick's WDS System, then later, I purchased it from Dee.

At this point that WDS - in Unknown Condition has been sent to Jim for his touch.

So maybe in the future, there might be more source and or packages come to light.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, dhe said:

Maybe <- That's what we call a big maybe.

Something to look forward to...

McCann Software produced a number of leading edging packages for the Geneve.

After McCann left the TI world, the rights to reproduce software was sold to Dee Turner.

At some point, Dee also purchased Mac McCormick's WDS System, then later, I purchased it from Dee.

At this point that WDS - in Unknown Condition has been sent to Jim for his touch.

So maybe in the future, there might be more source and or packages come to light.

So what is the status of TPA, TGA, and HQ Stacks?  You own it? Freely distributable? etc?

Jim might know the answer to your questions, I don't, I just purchased the Western Digital Drive, for all I know, Dee, might have formatted it before he sent it to me. I've also have not heard from Dee, in over twenty years.

Not Geneve related, but I did get an email from Bruce Maret (also of Indiana, as was at one point Dee). Bruce is still around and probably has the foremost collection of faire video's any where - as he ended up filming most of them! ?

• Like 3

OK, I thought your comments indicated you acquired those rights.  I've got TPA, TGA, and HQ Stacks, as well as MDOS Forth.  Wasn't sure of the first three, and the fourth (MDOS Forth), I know it has been out there and my thoughts were was distributable.  Wasn't sure about the first three, and it was just earlier this week I happened to stumble across HQ Stacks.

Beery

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:
  18 hours ago, GDMike said:

I use DM2K and I couldn't tell when I told it speed 1 because the cursor is just flying, but maybe it's that program..be nice to have a command line switch and could switch at will

Does the cursor affect the program use?  I use DM2K at speed 5 regularly without any issue.  As for command line switches for EXEC and GPL, I have considered it but the two programs operate slightly differently under the hood, so I won't look at them until after Beery and I release the upcoming OS beta.

• Like 2