IGNORED

No PRGE this year

Intymike

I wonder if any retro gaming event at all with more than 5-10 participants will happen this year, in any part of the world. I already had to cancel two events (Oct 2020 and Jan 2021) as the arranger, and contemplating if it at all is feasible to plan for one in the fall or do like they do, postpone it yet another year.

9 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

On the other hand, looking forward to our next Virtual Expo!

I was going to participate in this last year... doing some live streams of various Intellivision games and whatnot. This year I could add my new Aquarius to the mix in case anyone is interested in seeing how it all works. (I still don't know myself, ha!)

I wonder if it would be of interest to have a feed for CPU vs CPU Intellivision matchups? Motocross. World Champ Baseball. Mindstrike. Others?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

I was going to participate in this last year... doing some live streams of various Intellivision games and whatnot. This year I could add my new Aquarius to the mix in case anyone is interested in seeing how it all works. (I still don't know myself, ha!)

I wonder if it would be of interest to have a feed for CPU vs CPU Intellivision matchups? Motocross. World Champ Baseball. Mindstrike. Others?

I would write down ideas like those for when planning starts! ?

14 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

I'm going to miss buying all you clowns dinner. Especially now that we added in a new restaurant to the rotation. Here's hoping Fall 2022 will happen. 

9 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

You're most welcome. The key is to not let anyone know when you're going to do it. Lol

I'll take the opposite approach...

Hear ye!  Hear ye!  Anyone who dresses as a clown next PRGE will have a free meal on me!  ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

predictable yet sad news.

Being there after a short or long trip - one of us once drove from Long Island, NY to Portland, OR!! - makes you feel part of something more "real" and gives a totally different and deeper meaning to being in this forum and playing and collecting our favorite video game system.

"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."

Leo Tolstoy

• Like 3

On 2/24/2021 at 8:54 AM, carlsson said:

I wonder if any retro gaming event at all with more than 5-10 participants will happen this year, in any part of the world. I already had to cancel two events (Oct 2020 and Jan 2021) as the arranger, and contemplating if it at all is feasible to plan for one in the fall or do like they do, postpone it yet another year.

Midwest Gaming Classic is still planning on doing their show in the fall/early Nov (instead of the usual spring slot) this year. Of course that could change as the year goes on depending on vaccine roll out, new strains appearing, vendors willing to show up, etc. 

• Like 2

Hmmm, one thing I'll NOT miss about PRGE is waiting until the last min to book a hotel and getting stuck with one 3 miles away on the other side of the highway/tracks, then staying too long at the bar and realizing the trains/busses stopped running, then being just inebriated enough to think walking back to my hotel at 1am was a good idea.  Met some interesting people that year.  I'll never NOT stay at the Eastlund again.  Also, shout out to my roomie Eric ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Hmmm, one thing I'll NOT miss about PRGE is waiting until the last min to book a hotel and getting stuck with one 3 miles away on the other side of the highway/tracks, then staying too long at the bar and realizing the trains/busses stopped running, then being just inebriated enough to think walking back to my hotel at 1am was a good idea.  Met some interesting people that year.  I'll never NOT stay at the Eastlund again.  Also, shout out to my roomie Eric ?

Good times. Good times indeed. Definitely recommend the Eastlund. 

On 2/24/2021 at 11:09 PM, Lathe26 said:

I'll take the opposite approach...

Hear ye!  Hear ye!  Anyone who dresses as a clown next PRGE will have a free meal on me!  ??

I just hope Rev stops wearing those inappropriately short jean shorts. You can buy him dinner if he doesn't.