IGNORED

Captain Harlynx

Bob_63

hello Fadest, les grands esprits se rencontrent

In french : j'ai contacté Jerome qui m'a orienté sur sa maison de presse, qui elle même ma réorienté vers TOEI.

mais oui, certains accedent aux droits, alors pourquoi pas nous?

keep the pressure!

Edited by Bob_63
mistake

Fabien, I know this world (a bit). How to put it.... There is absolutely no chance to get a licensing deal from a japanese company, especially for such a niche game. Harlock is not extremly popular at the moment but it is still considered a classic, so unless you're an established editor, they will not even bother replying you. Unfortunately...

@agradeneu suggestion is probably the best and easiest way to go. Revamp the ship a bit, change the characters faces, and change the music and you're good.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 4:55 AM, Bob_63 said:

Thank's a lot Nyandeyanen for your help

I know that Leiji Matsumoto don't speak English. Anyway, the main issue at that time is to get contact from the Toei Animation and clearly, they said on their website contact page that they don't make some response for each solicitation or request.

I stay in touch with you about progression on my QUEST : the COPYRIGHT QUEST could be a good title.

Thanks

Bye

This is basically what would be called a doujin game in Japan, unfortunately they generally go without a license and that puts them squarely in a legal grey area. It wouldn't be easy to pursue but I wouldn't say it's completely impossible either, particularly if you can contact Leiji Matsumoto and impress him with your work. Even if Toei wouldn't grant a license for a doujin title you might be able to work with a publisher which had interest in selling your game. I have no idea if AtariAge or Songbird would consider putting their name behind it. (Certainly do not take anything I say as putting words in their mouths!) Or perhaps Blaze Entertainment with their Evercade line, I imagine they'd love to publish an original title for their console with a recognizable license behind it. There are certainly options available to pursue to make the development effort appear more like a larger entity, Blaze in particular is already working with Japanese companies to license games. Whatever direction you want to pursue, if you want help with the language barrier I'll do what I can to help.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

That 3D or pseudo-3D or whatever it is just looks incredible.  Of course we Lynx fans will love it and appreciate it, but I can't imagine what a title like this could have done for the Lynx back in the early 90s.  I can't think of any 3D effects on the SNES or Genesis that looked as convincing as that gorgeous Nazca-line background.  And the transition from the eclipse/space area to the Nazca area is pretty jawdropping too.

• Like 4

Hello my Friends

your comments are so positives that I 'm troubled.
In fact, for the end of the current level 5, I'm under construction of a higher rendering with other's 3D animation. be patient!
This Game is similar to a numeric art (I can say that because what is interesting is to work on sprite pixel by pixel, color by color, all by hand, I also have rebuild complete 3Dimensional space ship before exporting them in 2D sprite ). It's also a technical experience in order to show what were the real limits of this Handheld console.

Thanks to your' comments, I'm drawing my Energy in them and your support.

bye

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Bob_63 said:

Hello my Friends,

first, Happy New Year

Time to show new impovments of one of the oldest level of captain harlynx

this corresponding Rom Level soon on ATARIGAMER (the only one Free rom of captain harlynx before a potentiel edition)

Enjoy

Bye

Huge improvements, can't wait to try it on real hardware (and buy final version).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello All

Thanks a lot Igor for the playable Captain Harlynx Demo + downloadable ROM that will allow all players to test on real LYNX + appreciate sound and maniability

I have see the som much number of players than had tested it and very encourageous for the global release. I do my best to make it complete this year, but work left to reach something similar to commercial standard game.

Bye and thanks for all the returns and comments about it

Fabien

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

That is very nice! Love the new parts with the gray "landing strip" and 3D guns in foreground and background. It's very clean and easy to view but still has outstanding 3D effects. All the buildings scrolling with parallax effect is a very nice touch too.

One question on the main ship shadow in the last part of the video: why does it get smaller when the player goes up? It seems like the shadow could either stay the same size (assuming the in-game elevation change doesn't do enough to alter the shadow size), the shadow could switch to a gray instead of black, or the shadow could grow in size. It seems visually odd to me that the shadow shrinks as the ship goes up.

Another option might be to have the shadow move "up" with the ship, which actually means move the shadow slowly up the screen as if the player was moving "deeper" into the screen instead of just straight up and down. That might help visually tie in the main ship shots with the 3D turrets it is shooting in the background. Just a suggestion, might not be so good in practice. ;) 

Otherwise this is looking fantastic! Definitely an incredible showcase of 3D effects & color for the Lynx.

• Like 2