Jump to content
Bob_63

Captain Harlynx

Recommended Posts

More and more impressive, congrats!

 

Just a question, at around 34 second it says 3d effect, but I'm not sure I can see it... Does it refer to the other effect later in the video with the rotating fireballs?

Edited by LordKraken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2021 at 4:33 PM, LordKraken said:

More and more impressive, congrats!

 

Just a question, at around 34 second it says 3d effect, but I'm not sure I can see it... Does it refer to the other effect later in the video with the rotating fireballs?

I thought it was in reference to the huge spacecraft coming out of the background.  Looks like a 3D model to me.

 

This continues to look impressive, Bob_63.  I can't wait to experience it on a real Lynx!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PFG 9000 said:

I thought it was in reference to the huge spacecraft coming out of the background.  Looks like a 3D model to me.

Looks like a scaled sprite to me, or that would mean Fabien made a 3d engine with texture rendering (!!!) to only use it for one element in the background :)

 

Can you give us more info @Bob_63?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I worded my post poorly.  I don't think it's an actual 3D model - I just think it looks like one.  I figured maybe he used a technique like Donkey Kong Country on the SNES, with pre-rendered texture mapped polygons converted into sprites.  But I'm completely out of my league here, with zero programming/technical knowledge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All,

the 3D rendering is done by using an real 3D part in a software of design, I use the orientation I want and make screen shot and adaptation for the Lynx resolution and colormap limitation.

After that, by defining the reference point of the sprite and using zoom effect associated with adaptative speed evolution link with the motion, you can render a virtual 3D rendering similar as a real 3D one.

nos difficult to do, just spend time and imagination

 

there are other 3D rendering interresting effetcts like orange Balls (bomb) they move with 3D motion by using independent computation for Each ball, they move zoom an dezoom with the size corresponding to a real space positionning in space perspective

in addition vertical scrolling affect size and position.

 

 

Cheers

A+

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 4ever2600 said:

Because it's not released yet... lol

So are other (more) popular games?

Just think the project deserves more recognition.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, preaching to the choir!  I think it deserves a ton more recognition as it looks to be one of the top, advanced looking homebrews available.  But also, people try to be patient and hopeful that it will get a release.  The fact that these kinds of projects takes years to finish and even sometimes never through completion,  means we can only be hopeful to the people who create this and help support their project and most important, have some patience.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

glad to see you comments, these are the real sources of motivation for me.

In fact, I spend almost all my free time to progress in the game, programming become addictive for me (during night), I have a job, family and other hobbies, but, conciliate all stay possible, so

I understand that the game release could produce any impatience , but stay reassured, I 'm clearly motivated and the game is done at 80%. so have a physical release this year seems to be possible

 

Last month, I have spend enormous time to tune assembly and make a part of the new level (stage) more impressive than others. yes, it's possible because you can do more and more with the lynx. but I have to learn language of development /assembly to progress in the same time with the game.

 

I think a new video is going to be available soon (this week)

 

Agradeneu : I like a lot the Odnexus graphism, very fine graphims and the game seems to work very well, is there a physical release expected?

 

Karri, I don't know if you read these posts, but one more time, thanks for you continuous help. I know that I have ask a lot , bur clearly, you are the master!

 

Cheers.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello

new video available

 

 

with 64 simultaneously colors. (and dynamics colors, no flickering and perfect sound), yes, it's possible.

 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 8:54 AM, Bob_63 said:

Hello

glad to see you comments, these are the real sources of motivation for me.

In fact, I spend almost all my free time to progress in the game, programming become addictive for me (during night), I have a job, family and other hobbies, but, conciliate all stay possible, so

I understand that the game release could produce any impatience , but stay reassured, I 'm clearly motivated and the game is done at 80%. so have a physical release this year seems to be possible

 

Last month, I have spend enormous time to tune assembly and make a part of the new level (stage) more impressive than others. yes, it's possible because you can do more and more with the lynx. but I have to learn language of development /assembly to progress in the same time with the game.

 

I think a new video is going to be available soon (this week)

 

Agradeneu : I like a lot the Odnexus graphism, very fine graphims and the game seems to work very well, is there a physical release expected?

 

Karri, I don't know if you read these posts, but one more time, thanks for you continuous help. I know that I have ask a lot , bur clearly, you are the master!

 

Cheers.

 

Yes hopefully! 🙂 But also a digital release could be possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...