IGNORED

Guess the upgrades

Atari8guy

21 minutes ago, TGB1718 said:

Sure is, although normally with case on, not a problem, even with the case off, it's ok for quite some time, but prevention is better than cure.

That's what I was thinking. I know it would take some time for it to erase but I wouldn't take that chance since stickers are cheap.

14 hours ago, Justin Payne said:

Isn't there a concern with that eprom having the window exposed like that?

I have to find the source but I read about someone doing an experiment to erase eproms without an eraser using sunlight, and some other man made sources. I think the one left by the window even after a month was still intact. Now that being said you can still get the space rays to randomly hit it and cause corruption ;) I still cover mine as right conditions and 1 bit flip can ruin your day. And depending on your quality of sunlight it will be faster/slower to cause corruption. Inside I would not worry as much. 

Edit: This stack exchange author says 1-2 weeks of direct sun for full erasure, 20 min for UV which I agree using my eraser, and much longer with other house hold light sources https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/34607/erasing-eproms-with-sunlight

Edited by 7bits

21 hours ago, 8bitguy1 said:

You are saying I should cover it up? It’s only been opened for 10 min in the last 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh, probably not unless you take it outside and even then it's probably not at risk unless it's for a while...but again, stickers are cheap so slappin' one over that window could be considered insurance. Just don't bathe it in 400nm wavelengths. ;-)