• 128 KB
    • 256 KB
    • 320 KB
    • 576 KB
    • 1 MB
    • 4 MB

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

50 minutes ago, ZuluGula said:

Question to all those people who use 800 daily, do you all have Incognito in it or you also have other Atari computers with expanded RAM? I'm surprised that there aren't any votes for stock 48KB 800s with all the users here.

Mine is bone stock 48k at the moment. I do have a first run incognito but removed it a while ago for troubleshooting when my 800 died. Never got around to reinstall 

I wouldn't say it was my daily driver, non of my Ataris are. Last week I used my 65xe , week before was my 600xl .....

Edited by mimo
  • Thanks 1

5x Atari 800XL, 1x stock 64k RAM, 4x with 576k RAM. Therefore voted for 576k RAM.

Afaik, the Ultimate cart. has 1MB RAM (and I have two of them), does that also count?

And how much RAM is inside an AVG cart. - 1MB or more?  (Have two of them)

Besides my mini-Speedy 1050 offers 16k programable RAM (I have four of them), the mini-Super Speedy 1050 approx. 256k programable RAM (have two of them) and the Sys-Check 512k RAM (have one).  ;-)

• Thanks 1

Antonia 4MB, but I’ve not installed it yet. I really want a couple of U1MB upgrades, too - thinking we overpaid Uncle Sam, so a couple of U1MB should come true soon :) I have a couple of SysCheck V2.2 that I absolutely love, since it has the easiest possible installation and is so easy to swap between machines :) 

8 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Afaik, the Ultimate cart. has 1MB RAM (and I have two of them), does that also count?

Unless its RAM works as some sort of external expansion of ATARI RAM, and is internal affair of that cartridge so it serves it's storage functionality, I'd say it doesn't count ;)

This poll is about ATARI "main" RAM, be it standard or expanded.

1 hour ago, Jacques said:

Unless its RAM works as some sort of external expansion of ATARI RAM, and is internal affair of that cartridge so it serves it's storage functionality, I'd say it doesn't count ;)

This poll is about ATARI "main" RAM, be it standard or expanded.

As someone interested in Atari 8bit architecture I find this comment interesting as I thought the 1MB of U1MB indicated a 1MB ram expansion, am I incorrect in thinking so?

Sure, of course U1MB does count and in the end it's 64+1024KB if configured as such. 1MB in the poll is just for simplicity, but it's correct pick for U1MB.

I meant rather a case of e.g. RAM-CART that has battery-maintained SRAM onboard for typical cartridge storage purposes, that it's no ATARI RAM in a typical definition, just own RAM of peripherial device.

Edited by Jacques

28 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Sure, of course U1MB does count and in the end it's 64+1024KB if configured as such. 1MB in the poll is just for simplicity, but it's correct pick for U1MB.

I meant rather a case of e.g. RAM-CART that has battery-maintained SRAM onboard for typical cartridge storage purposes, that it's no ATARI RAM in a typical definition, just own RAM of peripherial device.

Ah yes, I understand the context now. Thanks for taking the time to explain things.

• Like 1