IGNORED

Season 11 ~ Week 4 ~ Subterranea

Vocelli

Thanks for adding  this one. It's one of those games that leaves me in awe of the programmers and how they manage to create such a fun game with so little computing power. The crystal challenge was a great addition too, and I really enjoyed trying to crack that. 

As for scores, I think I managed to do the three crystal challenge (please let me know if I haven't) so have included photos for that and my high score 

Jaosnhrb3 crystal challenge.jpg

Jasonhrbsubterrania.jpg

• Like 4

Got them 3 C's!

8,379 Three Crystal Challenge

subterranea-3crystal08379.thumb.JPG.a50b74dea7432e1e28b61ec6f566bca8.JPG

11,209 Final

subterranea-11209.thumb.JPG.9947f880b01f7112a7dc72c8793e1c16.JPG

Something that's a bit of a consolation is that when you crash into an enemy, it counts as an enemy death. Actually not entirely sure for the regular cave guys points-wise, but when you're fighting a boss, it'll still take away from its health. Lost two men on the 3rd crystal boss, but b/c it worked against it's health, I managed to win ?

• Like 4

Mister Oblivious chiming in here!
G-type just brought to my attention that this is an Imagic game!!!

Haven't played it yet, haven't checked the manual. I really do know a LOT about 2600 games, somehow this one slipped completely under my radar.

Anyway.

No random draw-you get the top score, you earn a patch and a Membership Card!!!

Not shilling, but this is one I have a few of, holler if interested, if ya don't win the free one.

Apologies, Vocelli, I should have asked, it's just late in the week already, and I really didn't think you'd mind, I know you've been working a lot, and you know I don't send sentences in PM's(lol!).

So, Good Luck, Everyone!!!

imagic.jpg

• Like 8

On 3/1/2021 at 2:14 PM, kermit73 said:

I am fairly new to Atariage and only recently discovered some of the more recent developments like homebrews and the Harmony cartridge.  This is my first HSC.  I dusted off the old 2600 and hooked it up about a year ago during the Covid lockdowns, after about the 3rd or 4th day in a row of crawling behind my TV because my Xbox One kept forgetting about its HDMI connection.  It's amazing how a 40-year old console proved to be more reliable than a 4-year old console.  I forgot how much fun some of these old school games are to play.

Regarding joysticks, my preference depends on the game I'm playing.  In addition to the flashback joysticks (which will soon be replaced by the refurbished CX40s I ordered), I have a couple Wico controllers with the switch that allows you to choose between a button on the stick or a button on the base.  I find I have better maneuverability with the Wico stick for games like Millipede or with maze games where cornering is important.  The CX40 is better when I need more precision with the fire button.  For Subterannea, I did better with the flashback joysticks, until they broke. 

Welcome to AtariAge!  This is the greatest community on the internet!

I hear the Epyx 500XJ joystick is nice and will probably the next controller I order.  I kept breaking my CX40s so I switched to the Slik Stik which seems to work pretty well.

• Like 2