IGNORED

Season 11 ~ Week 4 ~ Subterranea

Vocelli

I have to say something here.

Bonus challenges used to be really good for less-competent players to redeem a few points. I've noticed a recent trend where bonuses have been tied to the player's competency at the main challenge. Personally speaking, I would prefer if bonuses would revert to the older approach. Subterranea is a very hard game -- at one time I was able to figure out the patterns of the tunnel-dwellers and the entryways but this time I've been lost. If any game qualified as a two-weeker, it would be this one. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AtariWarlord said:

I have to say something here.

Bonus challenges used to be really good for less-competent players to redeem a few points. I've noticed a recent trend where bonuses have been tied to the player's competency at the main challenge. Personally speaking, I would prefer if bonuses would revert to the older approach. Subterranea is a very hard game -- at one time I was able to figure out the patterns of the tunnel-dwellers and the entryways but this time I've been lost. If any game qualified as a two-weeker, it would be this one. 

I try to mix it up as much as possible.

Sometimes you have to work at it sometimes you won't. 

Sometimes they are for fun and sometimes not.

There is lots to consider so they don't get stale.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

Three Crystals-9,405!

Heck Yeah!

Welcome to the "9400 Club"!  This is only possible if you hit all the 1000 point birds, never crash into a gate, and avoid losing points by bumping into a cave wall.  Once you've accomplished this, your score will be 9470, less the one point deducted for each time a laser gate lights up before you pass through them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kermit73 said:

Welcome to the "9400 Club"!  This is only possible if you hit all the 1000 point birds, never crash into a gate, and avoid losing points by bumping into a cave wall.  Once you've accomplished this, your score will be 9470, less the one point deducted for each time a laser gate lights up before you pass through them.

Honest, I like to talk about how great I am(lol), but I also don't mind pointing out my flaws and stuff-

At a glance, and the "overall" game, it's "shoot at stuff, don't let stuff shoot you, and don't die", which is my achille's heel, big-time, usually.

When I really figured out what was going on in the challenge, I started looking at it as a "pixel-perfect speed-run", that sorta put it in my wheelhouse-

Screwed up just a tad?

Reset.

:D

Thanks, Man, again, really stunned at how this one came to me.

• Like 2

I wish I put more time aside to play during the week. It's tax season, so I gotta make that money while I can. I've never played this until tonight. 6853 after a few runs. This is a really good game. It has a Defender vibe to it. I never had it when I was a kid. It really holds up and I do like it a lot. I think I'll hunt down a cart if it isn't too expensive.

IMG_20210307_170338676_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

subter1.thumb.png.064dcea3fe8fb14860c098aacb1c9044.png

Best I can do. Jumping into the flow of "traffic" to eliminate aliens is surprisingly like San Diego freeway traffic. This I observe as I took the missus to San Diego for her birthday. Finally playing on PC Stella rather than Tablet Stella. World of difference having my joystick. Still, hoped to hit 10k. Four minutes to spare.. better hit "post.

• Like 3