IGNORED

is the ECS AUX port bi-directional via the uart using XON and XOFF

rietveld

7 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

You thinking about writing or editing a program on the PC and then sending it over to the ECS instead of having to program within the native environment?

I wrote a basic word processor program fopr the ECS that uses the PC as an enhanced display along side the INTV display.  The word processor document can then be printed using the WIN10's printer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rietveld said:

I wrote a basic word processor program fopr the ECS that uses the PC as an enhanced display along side the INTV display.  The word processor document can then be printed using the WIN10's printer

That's next level. So with your program, one could type a document on the ECS and then print to a windows computer? How would that work? For example, I'm down in the basement, and my printers are upstairs. I usually print wirelessly and then go up there and grab whatever it was. What is the purpose of the enhanced display?

• Like 1

I've posted some early investigation work on making the ECS transmit and receive on AtariAge.  However, the UART is half-duplex.  It can send or receive but not at the same time.  You have bang the registers to switch directions.  Thus, XON and XOFF flow control won't work.

I do plan to post an updated and more detailed write-up on the ECS UART at some point that includes some corrections from the above-mentioned post.  Currently, I am working on some KC tapes and a color-measuring project for the Intellivision.

For an example of the ECS receiving data, here's using a GPS with the ECS.  A link to the AtariAge post is in the video's description.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

I've posted some early investigation work on making the ECS transmit and receive on AtariAge.  However, the UART is half-duplex.  It can send or receive but not at the same time.  You have bang the registers to switch directions.  Thus, XON and XOFF flow control won't work.

I do plan to post an updated and more detailed write-up on the ECS UART at some point that includes some corrections from the above-mentioned post.  Currently, I am working on some KC tapes and a color-measuring project for the Intellivision.

For an example of the ECS receiving data, here's using a GPS with the ECS.  A link to the AtariAge post is in the video's description.

Yes! This is amazing haha, Thanks for doing this and sharing it.