IGNORED

PlusCart default font

Al_Nafuur

PlusCart default font  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which font should be used as default font for the menu?

• Small Caps
    • Trichotomic-12
    • Captain Morgan Spice
    • Glacier Belle

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/2021 at 09:00 AM

Testing on an actual CRT is recommended, as the blending/phosphor effect really does make quite some difference to how these look. They are all much better on CRT than in the emulator screenshots below. There are also some visual differences, IMHO, that show up on a CRT, that might influence your choice. Binaries are included for you to test on your regular multicart. PlusCart users can just go to "Setup/Display Preferences/Choose Font" to choose any of them.

0. SMALL CAPS

SmallCaps.bin

786122701_ScreenShot2021-02-26at1_32_17am.thumb.png.c34805e036becacb3753b7ed50c86318.png

1. Trichotomic-12

Trichotomic-12.bin

2073542081_ScreenShot2021-02-26at1_33_07am.thumb.png.ec594311f1df1e91159763c9f475adfb.png

2. Captain Morgan Spice

CaptainMorganSpice.bin

1149396125_ScreenShot2021-02-26at1_30_04am.thumb.png.fdcff9511f3913a9168c8e67a4323736.png

3. Glacier Belle

GlacierBelle.bin

854761286_ScreenShot2021-02-26at1_31_14am.thumb.png.ee1670d0922365e9a06ac5d4c4c66ba0.png

Edited by Andrew Davie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BTW, and for the record, Glacier Belle is so-named because it is an anagram of "Clear, Legible" and I thought that rather neat when naming it. SMALL CAPS is the original 32-character display font from @Thomas Jentzsch and the other three are designed by myself.

Captain Morgan Spice was so-named by @Al_Nafuur.  Trichotomic-12 is pronounced like the word "trichotomy" and was so-named because it's 3 pixels wide (trichotomy means "of 3 parts"), and it's 12 scanlines high.  So now you know!

Edit: forgot to mention that Glacier Belle was also chosen as the name because glacier = cool and belle = beauty.  Thus, "cool beauty"

Edited by Andrew Davie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

Wouldn't this poll be better in the main forums; there aren't many members of the club yet.

maybe we can do a poll in both and add up the results?

we might as well do one (or two) polls for the UnoCart build?

?

17 minutes ago, Prizrak said:

They all look good to me, not particularly fond of the small caps. I think I like Trichotomic-12 most of all but I'm not set on it. I change mine from time to time to spice it up some.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

the Poll is multiple choice, so if you can't decide you can select 2 or 3 (selecting all 4 would be the same than selecting none)..

I think when we wrap this up (about a week?) we should collate/post a list of names for the giveaway, post them here to make sure everyone's happy to be entered and we haven't missed anyone. Then I think perhaps ask @ZeroPage Homebrew to write each name on a post-it or something small and put in a jar and draw the winner live on the show. How does that sound?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

I think when we wrap this up (about a week?) we should collate/post a list of names for the giveaway, post them here to make sure everyone's happy to be entered and we haven't missed anyone. Then I think perhaps ask @ZeroPage Homebrew to write each name on a post-it or something small and put in a jar and draw the winner live on the show. How does that sound?

Oooh, fun! I'm in! Please PM me the names when you're ready to do the draw!

- James

• Like 1

Voted for Glacier Belle - it's clear and easy to read, and there's a good variety between upper and lower case.  It's been fun watching this develop, although I'm lurking not posting as I have nothing to contribute.