IGNORED

Indus GT plexiglass front cover

andrew@meler.us

7 hours ago, andrew@meler.us said:

It cracked on the front.  I epoxy'd the 2 parts together.  Sanded it down and covered it in black vinyl.  Looks really good (almost sinister), but would prefer OEM look.

Post pics, please :) The Indus GT is the coolest looking disk drive ever made, IMO. 

Also, if anyone that sees this has one they’d like to sell, hit me up :) 

I love the Indus GT's too. I have 2 of them and a CA-2001 clone, though the CA-2001 isn't nearly as elegant as the GT's and came with a different face-plate that doesn't use a plexiglass cover unfortunately. I was looking for a GT front cover to swap on it for a while. But it was in rough shape so I just ended up painting it to match my XL system. The GT's are good cosmetically and will stay their elegant original selves. I just got 3 sram upgrades for all of them I'm about to install. I can't wait until I have them all running in Super Synchromesh mode at speeds faster than my Warp Speed 1050's.

Here is a picture of my GT's for you @777ismyname . I guess I need to re-clean their covers, I see streaking from wiping them the last time in the photo...I almost want to paint my 800 black to match them, but I'd never do that to an 800 unless it was one with a smashed case that needed rebuilding and body work done so it would have to be painted.

20210226_081303.jpg

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

Good idea @_The Doctor__, I never thought of that for my CA-2001! And I'm surprised I didn't as I usually think of that type of stuff. I've been collecting Infocom games from other computers and just removing the stickers for the other brands at the bottom and writing Atari .ATX's on their floppies, because those versions sell for a fraction of what the Atari ones are going for...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gunstar said:

I love the Indus GT's too. I have 2 of them and a CA-2001 clone, though the CA-2001 isn't nearly as elegant as the GT's and came with a different face-plate that doesn't use a plexiglass cover unfortunately. I was looking for a GT front cover to swap on it for a while. But it was in rough shape so I just ended up painting it to match my XL system. The GT's are good cosmetically and will stay their elegant original selves. I just got 3 sram upgrades for all of them I'm about to install. I can't wait until I have them all running in Super Synchromesh mode at speeds faster than my Warp Speed 1050's.

Here is a picture of my GT's for you @777ismyname . I guess I need to re-clean their covers, I see streaking from wiping them the last time in the photo...I almost want to paint my 800 black to match them, but I'd never do that to an 800 unless it was one with a smashed case that needed rebuilding and body work done so it would have to be painted.

20210226_081303.jpg

Nice setup, @Gunstar!

I have such a soft spot for the Indus GT. BITD I luster after them, but never had the $. When I had the $, I was too busy playing baseball, partying hard, and chasing girls ? 

I have two, too :) I’m going to make that four of them this year, just because that is what I wanted way back then. I don’t have much use for them, pragmatically speaking, but ehhh.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 777ismyname said:

Nice setup, @Gunstar!

I have such a soft spot for the Indus GT. BITD I luster after them, but never had the $. When I had the $, I was too busy playing baseball, partying hard, and chasing girls ? 

I have two, too :) I’m going to make that four of them this year, just because that is what I wanted way back then. I don’t have much use for them, pragmatically speaking, but ehhh.

Ditto for me and my life experience on everything (except exchange baseball for motorcycles) you said there.:cool:

Here is my CA-2001 GT clone. Originally all gray matching the XE line, but all parts were originally painted gray and it was all scratched up, I even had to fill in some gouges in the metal case before re-painting to closely match my XL peripherals. Though I've found a brown paint that better matches the dark XL brown now, so I may repaint the face plate.

20210227_092227.thumb.jpg.736f1728a47144177f8ecec4b3f31dcb.jpg

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1