IGNORED

Incognito 6-Pin cable changed

CaptMatteus

The cable I received in the box does not match all of the online documentation for the install.  See the attached photo.

If I have the green wire in the same position that it is in in the documentation on Lotharek's Lair, then I believe the mapping now becomes:

Yellow Red     Black    Blue    White    Green  (OLD)

|          |          |          |          |           |

Black  Red     White  Yellow   Orange  Green  (NEW)

IMG_7024.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don’t ever trust wire colors. Go by pin assignments and which pin corresponds to which signal. In my case, the way I routed the wires resulted in Lotharek’s provided cable being too short. The connector also doesn’t really fit the header very elegantly. As a result I just made my own Dupont connector. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

I was following my own video instructions the other day and I regret colour coding the pin number captions at all (I did this before it became apparent that the colours had changed). Even going by the pins, one's brain is easily fooled into going by the colours instead.

One must always be careful!  I didn't see anyone else mentioning it so I thought I would point it out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

I was following my own video instructions the other day and I regret colour coding the pin number captions at all (I did this before it became apparent that the colours had changed). Even going by the pins, one's brain is easily fooled into going by the colours instead.

for that you get a like... fix up the video and for that you will get a thank you cup trophy!

• Like 1

I was a bit pissed off when days after making the video the cable turned up with a different colour scheme on the wires, but I completely agree with the response I received (that one should go with pin numbers anyway). My bad for colour coding the captions, but there is a note under the video.

8 minutes ago, CaptMatteus said:

If it's any consolation, after I put the pin assignments and jumper connections I would need to make on paper and double checked everything I needed to do, I did all of the soldering work and replaced the resistors in about an hour.  Worked on the first boot.

Good stuff. It was nearly eighteen months since I'd last installed Incognito, but everything ultimately went like clockwork here too. Even the famously fiddly ATR button wasn't too bad. Went together right first time, although I later had to adjust the position of the momentary switch slightly since the bottom of the light conductor wasn't sitting dead centre once the case was fully reassembled.