IGNORED

Harmony Refound Policy

Mauro Rodriguez

This situation has left me completely incredulous. Shipping to Argentina takes a long time even when we aren’t in a global pandemic. 

yet, he asked me for a refund just three weeks after it shipped. That’s barely enough time for a refund on a domestic package. It’s been about 4 weeks now, still shy of the 6 weeks I told him it might take.

I emailed him saying all of this and that patience would be appreciated. Before I refund on a shipment to a country where shipping takes a long time.

Clearly I did my part here. I shipped his Harmony. The only thing to do is wait for it to arrive. Yes, it may never arrive but it is far, far, FAR too soon to be sure, so I’m not issuing a refund just yet. 

I think it goes without saying that because of this experience I am suspending future orders to  Argentina. 

• Like 11

Just to add to examples of complexities related to shipping via the postal system:

I bought a used 7800 on eBay that took 8 weeks to ship one state away. EBay refunded my payment when it didn’t arrive after a few weeks, and then when it finally did arrive very late I had to figure out a way to pay the seller outside of eBay while eBay blocked all my messages to ensure I didn’t pay someone outside of their site.

I recently got some Atari game boxes I ordered in November from Germany to Chicago. 102 days.

A few months ago I received a shipment from Lithuania that took just over 5 months.

And earlier this year I bought a preconfigured Orange Pi HomeKit controller that was shipped from Russia that took 7 months to arrive.

It’s a pretty lousy year for international shipping in general, especially where it interfaces with the United States Postal Service.

Fred, thanks for the community service you provide with the Harmony and Concerto carts. It’s a labor of love and most of us recognize that and have entirely different expectations vs. buying from a profit-driven corporation with a dedicated customer service function.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Die Post ist hier voellig Kaputt, niemand weis was passiert, wenn mann ein Packet zur Post gibt.  Das ist Einfach so Immoment.

Hat auch viel mit Politikischen Sachen Zu tun, die wir hier nicht drueber Schnacken. ;)

Du bekommst Deine Karte, musst mal bisschen warten, wie alle. :(

Almost :D 

Shipping has delays, that's how it is. Anyone who ever ordered more than a couple of things should know this. I'm also not a fan of people throwing around the word "scam" when there are literally hundreds of people on the forums who can vouch for Fred. I'm one of those people. I don't buy from or sell to anyone outside of North America due to problems like this. Even If you ignore the shipping issues, the language barrier makes proper communication very difficult, to say the least. Just because you know a language, that doesn't necessarily mean you understand all the nuances of it.

Edited by RamrodHare
Spelling.

Global shipping has been a disaster this last year.

I get monthly treat boxes from Japan, and some of them have spent up to three months in transit. It used to be two to three weeks from shipment to delivery.

Likewise I have had two packages shipping from the UK to Canada both take over two months to arrive. A few months ago I sent a package from Canada to the US, and had it take a little more then two months to finally be delivered. Do not even get me started on China's shipping time. I have some parts on order that have an estimated arrival date in June.

I too have bought a Harmony cart a few years ago, and can confirm he is 100% legitimate. But the reality is that shipping, and especially international shipping is a complete mess and there likely will be considerable delays. But that is just how it is this last year thanks to Corona.

Give It To Me Need GIF

If it's any consolation, shipping times are frustrating absolutely everyone. My dad had his hip replaced last week - they're only 2 states away, roughly 800 miles. I shipped a care package with goodies and things the day after his surgery in order to keep him occupied while he recovers.

USPS now has given the "delay of death" screen and calling them revealed he is not likely to get the package until 6 weeks from now - AFTER he's back up and healed. :(

It's biting everyone right now. Patience is all you can really hope for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This situation has left me completely incredulous. Shipping to Argentina takes a long time even when we aren’t in a global pandemic. 

yet, he asked me for a refund just three weeks after it shipped. That’s barely enough time for a refund on a domestic package. It’s been about 4 weeks now, still shy of the 6 weeks I told him it might take.

I emailed him saying all of this and that patience would be appreciated. Before I refund on a shipment to a country where shipping takes a long time.

Clearly I did my part here. I shipped his Harmony. The only thing to do is wait for it to arrive. Yes, it may never arrive but it is far, far, FAR too soon to be sure, so I’m not issuing a refund just yet. 

I think it goes without saying that because of this experience I am suspending future orders to  Argentina. 

Hi Batari, please don’t suspend deliveries to South America. I got my harmony cart last year without any problems , delivered to southern Chile. It just took three months., but you have to be patient. I received an atari 7800 from USA in 4 weeks and an atari st from germany also in 4 weeks. I have never lost or had a package damaged in many years. I think this guy From Argentina just lacks experience and hasn’t time to read the posts on Atariage.
I love the harmony cart but maybe needing an upgrade to play most homebrews

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JuanIgnacio said:

Hi Batari, please don’t suspend deliveries to South America. I got my harmony cart last year without any problems , delivered to southern Chile. It just took three months., but you have to be patient. I received an atari 7800 from USA in 4 weeks and an atari st from germany also in 4 weeks. I have never lost or had a package damaged in many years. I think this guy From Argentina just lacks experience and hasn’t time to read the posts on Atariage.
I love the harmony cart but maybe needing an upgrade to play most homebrews

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I never stopped shipping to South America, just this order to Argentina left a bad taste in my mouth. I have had no problems with Chile at all.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2021 at 5:06 PM, batari said:

Man, what kind of selfish jackass do you have to be to cause your entire country to be cut off from a great product. Great job OP, I’m sure you’re fun at parties. It’s good to know that Karens are not just a USA thing.

• Like 2