IGNORED

Nintendo handhelds, my short story....

It's funny to me now being a huge NES and SuperNES fan back in the day that I never owned any type of Nintendo handheld until getting my first, a RED Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP model I think about 3 years after it launched! I never had much interest in handhelds before then and literally got it to keep my entertained during over night Security shifts that mostly consisted on sitting on a barren lot. Even my most played games The SIMS on it which again was not something that interested me typically on other platforms but was an awesome time waster for me. The Sims Bustin' Out was my jam.

These days I also have a Phat original Mario Edition NDS which sadly, has these dark spots on the top screen, they appear dark on a bright image and light on a dark image, I have NO IDEA how they developed ? I took out my Phat NDS a few weeks ago just to see something, the battery was STILL holding a little charge but I was shocked honestly, because I even kept it in a nice branded case, when it booted up you see these 3 highlighted DOTS on the screen? I was like WTF? That was disappointing being the only NDS I have.

2021-02-26_21-46-00.thumb.jpg.64da23f1b22c201264f178c26a920fd4.jpg

Also, I have THIS one, a really nice GREEN Gameboy Pocket, green is my favorite color so I love it, which I got a a few years ago, I honestly forget the details on how I acquired it, and a few odds and ends.

2021-02-26_21-34-33.thumb.jpg.15b7806bc405d00665b8388ac869633c.jpg

Never had an original DMG or a Gameboy COLOR. Never had any until the GBA SP I mentioned. Since the top screen is screwed on my NDS, it's not unplayable but just annoys me so I'd likely go back playing on the SP if it came down to it! That thing is still 100% ! But yeah, it is surprising I NEVER once owned a original classic Gameboy considering how much I was into Nintendo previously. I really like it and makes up for not ever having an original imho. 

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1