IGNORED

The NOT derail Thread

emkay

4 hours ago, zbyti said:

53% made me laugh, what an accuracy! :P and of course this statement: I would prove it, but now I don't have a time. Very similar approach to yours :P 

Seeing the last posts below your post  and to #149 explains it all. 

C64 Freaks always disrupt the flow of any thread that aims a conversation about solutions for the Atari. 

Not to tell of those who just push their senseless posts about opinions in.

What a great mixture.

Edited by emkay

1 hour ago, Heaven/TQA said:

PS... did someone has information why the fucking hell the A8 has 128 chars instead of 256?

It never changed. 

1K for the character set. 1 Bit for the color change . Built pre 1979 . In a time when color graphics weren't common...

1 minute ago, emkay said:

C64 Freaks always disrupt the flow of any thread that aims a conversation about solutions for the Atari. 

Over the last year and a half I have written more code on A8 than you, but definitely you have talked about "how to do it" more then me :P 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, zbyti said:

What's the result of your lectures about how to write games? As far as I know negative :D 

If people was taking care... things might get positive ;) 

And, as you might have recognized (ot not) . In the first big Prince of Persia , I'm likely predicting the PoP by rensoup. 

Not all programmers were as intelligent as rensoup. Even if this is a coexistence with the "inbetween" step of the BBC version of PoP.

14 minutes ago, emkay said:

Not to tell of those who just push their senseless posts about opinions in.

What a great mixture.

Interesting. Let's have a look at your OP again then...

Well, I started this thread because of some lesson not to start to derail a thread, and to prevent from that.

If you read the quote carefully, someone who has not the slightest clue about the Atari asks people who don't have the slightest clue about the Atari for an answer he just wants to read. Nothing serious but again attacking .... people... who may give the answer he don't like. 

"Just my 2 cents... Okay... first: I don't want Emkay to step in, unasked, and tell me, he knows everything about the A8 hardware and only a GR mode 7 would make it possible ......... bla bla.... But ... isn't it possible to have games like Mayham in Monsterland or even Sam's Journey, when using this awesome and making coloful background graphics + lots of softsprites using - game engine? Okay, we havn't hires-sprites but we don't really need them, if we have such colourful and lovely painted low res and colorful soft sprites like in this game. I think it's all about itelligent leveldesign and soft-sprite-design.... Like I said.. just my 2 cent.... please NO another THREAD DESTROYING debate this time. "

Even the first sentence doesn't make much sense, and it only gets worse from there, just a lot of self-pitying rambling. Therefore, there was nothing to "destroy" or derail", according to the garbage-in garbage-out rule, and the thread has become zillion times more interesting with a freestyle chat about anything in regard to old games and microcomputers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, youxia said:

Interesting. Let's have a look at your OP again then...

Even the first sentence doesn't make much sense, and it only gets worse from there, just a lot of self-pitying rambling. Therefore, there was nothing to "destroy" or derail", according to the garbage-in garbage-out rule, and the thread has become zillion times more interesting with a freestyle chat about anything in regard to old games and microcomputers.

If the thread doesn't make sense, why do you post ?

If you don't understand the meaning, why do you answer?

Thanks for adding your pity rambling statement, and thanks to help showing why this forum is more a development blocker than a helper. 

Edited by emkay

8 hours ago, zbyti said:

Over the last year and a half I have written more code on A8 than you, but definitely you have talked about "how to do it" more then me :P 

The real matter is: if someone shows off of being so good at coding and demonstrates to have plenty of time to correct others... why doesn't him/her develop at least one average game? ?

Edited by Yautja
Missing the right emoji
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Yautja said:

The real matter is: if someone shows off of being so good at coding and demonstrates to have plenty of time to correct others... why doesn't him/her develop at least one average game? ?

Because since 10+ years the reason is no time as real life is bussy and a game in basic and a link coop game was written in 90s. That’s proof. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Yautja said:

Because as we say over here, he's all mouth and no trousers ?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Heaven/TQA said:

Because since 10+ years the reason is no time as real life is bussy and a game in basic and a link coop game was written in 90s. That’s proof. ;)

I know I did something wrong. 

I really should promise people oncoming stuff, keep my own life doing by others, and when the money is empty, because I'm to lazy to earn my own money,  I'll start to beg for money  here at the forums. 

Then I'm going to be a hero. It's approved several times .

20 minutes ago, emkay said:

I know I did something wrong. 

I really should promise people oncoming stuff, keep my own life doing by others, and when the money is empty, because I'm to lazy to earn my own money,  I'll start to beg for money  here at the forums. 

Then I'm going to be a hero. It's approved several times .

And who is this nasty little barb at?

C'mon keyboard Rambo, me, Jose?

• Like 2