IGNORED

3rd annual AA Awards

Prizrak

I see someone had taken the liberty of uploading the binaries to the PlusStore for the new AA Awards. I see there's extra files in there like pdf, rtf was going to place them in backup before I removed them but wanted to check first. Was just making sure incompatible files are not displayed and navigation is easier. Thanks for whoever uploaded, had the mind to do it and was surprised it's been done. ?

• Like 1

I uploaded the content of whole ZIP files from the award page. I thought it would be cool if people could read them in their nextcloud folder. But the txt, pdf, rtf and Word documents are rather big (as big as the rest of the whole 2600 repository!). And only the (small) txt files can be read with the PlusCart, so I am fine with deleting the others.

1 hour ago, Al_Nafuur said:

I uploaded the content of whole ZIP files from the award page. I thought it would be cool if people could read them in their nextcloud folder. But the txt, pdf, rtf and Word documents are rather big (as big as the rest of the whole 2600 repository!). And only the (small) txt files can be read with the PlusCart, so I am fine with deleting the others.

If we had a small program (like Nextcloud) that users could install on their machine, then it could watch the Nextcloud directory on their machine for the presence of a (hidden on pluscart menu, but present in the Nextcloud directory) "OPEN THIS" file (or a change to the existing one), and then when on the PlusCart you select one of these "unreadable" files, the store puts that filename in the contents of the "OPEN THIS" file, the tool will then see this, and load the file on the user's system (using default handler).

In other words, you could click on a PDF in the PlusCart UI (a game's MANUAL for example), and your computer (if you're near it!) would load the PDF up in your viewer of choice. Or even, click on a URL line in the pluscart (in the manual for example) and same thing happens -- tool opens that URL up in a browser window. Or, you click on a TXT file and your favourite text viewer.

It would be super-cool functionality and not that hard to implement, I think...

Edited by Andrew Davie

20 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

If we had a small program (like Nextcloud) that users could install on their machine, then it could watch the Nextcloud directory on their machine for the presence of a (hidden on pluscart menu, but present in the Nextcloud directory) "OPEN THIS" file (or a change to the existing one), and then when on the PlusCart you select one of these "unreadable" files, the store puts that filename in the contents of the "OPEN THIS" file, the tool will then see this, and load the file on the user's system (using default handler).

In other words, you could click on a PDF in the PlusCart UI (a game's home page, for example), and your computer (if you're near it!) would load the PDF up in your viewer of choice. Or even, click on a URL line in the pluscart (in the manual for example) and same thing happens -- tool opens that URL up in a browser window. Or, you click on a TXT file and your favourite text viewer.

It would be super-cool functionality and not that hard to implement, I think...

something like this might work via the nextcloud web interface browser push system.