IGNORED

Minecraft for the gameboy! has been released!

I was talking to the guy on reddit a little about it when he announced it.  There are some real pieces of minecraft fanboy crap on there as it was a good run of insulting comments instead of appreciating it for what it is on that kind of hardware (and the fact it's like the first release with more planned.)

14 hours ago, Video said:

I'd totally do Minecraft for game boy (yes I have a problem :P)

notch made a 2d Minecraft a few years back (minicraft, google it) which I thought was awesome and hoped might make an appearance on gba at some time.

Never heard of it, seems it was called Minicraft.  I'm going to look into it as I'm curious because I always found Terraria the far superior package over minecraft so this kind of could push it in that direction.

• 1 year later...

@CatPix I've pushed that game since it came out on people when they want some interesting or fun homebrew, or if someone asks if there's a development type game on the Gameboy of any kind.  It's remarkable how much was stuffed into that game with all the generated maps, multiple saves, basically has the feature set largely of the SNES (or proto NES) version of the game.  I would love to find someone who could put that on reliable cartridge some day as I'd use it enough to justify it.

• Like 2