Sign in to follow this  
Rick Dangerous

VCS Companion App

Anyone get it working yet?  I put in my pin but the "Launch" button won't light up to press or press as is. 

I even tried resetting my Pin, no dice.   Thanks for any tips. 

Screenshot_20210301-153229.png

The issue is bad UI. If you read the bit above where you enter the pin you will see (in very tiny letters on my cell phone at least) "Enter your VCS User Account Email ID". SO: select that space, enter the email linked to your VCS user account ALONG WITH the six digit pin and then the Launch button will be usable. 

I have a question myself: How do I get text I type into the text field of the Companion App to be sent to the field I am entering? For example, how do I get a username entered into text on the App onto the user name field on screen? I can select the field, go to the text, enter the text, but the Menu/hamburger button doesn't do anything and I can't find the equivalent of an "Enter" key to move to the next field. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep, that thin line for me.  Thanks, works great now. 

Interesting idea to have the phone serve as a remote since most won't want to navigate streaming services with a game controller. Seems to work quite well. 

20 minutes ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Yep, that thin line for me.  Thanks, works great now. 

Interesting idea to have the phone serve as a remote since most won't want to navigate streaming services with a game controller. Seems to work quite well. 

It does generally work well, but if I can't figure out how to actually enter text into a log in field and have to use a mouse to submit and move to the next field it won't be nearly as useful.