IGNORED

TI99 Stuff on Twitter

Keith99er

• 1 month later...

I guess from an TI-99 evangelism standpoint, it's nice to have this stuff on Twitter (or any other given popular social media platform where a lot of people congregate). 

But I'm just theorising.  I'm absolutely terrible at social media. :P

I did sign up for a Twitter account, but I basically don't use it (and don't use Instagram or Facebook, etc.)

So I'm definitely not leading the charge as far as that goes. 

• Like 3

I don't get it. I don't understand the use case for twitter.

When would you post there vs here?

Twitter is the crazy guy on the street corner with the bull horn of the internet. I do some TI evangelism on Twitter too but it's always dragging people towards the existing sites.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

(after some looking around...)

Ok, so we post something on Atariage, then we post a link to it on twitter using #ti994a ( which isn't a place, but a search term ) and people get the post advertised to them. If we are lucky, then a few of them stop by here and share something useful... if even just an impression or opinion.

'@TI99Stuff' is an account, trying to gather followers. But I don't know why anyone would 'follow' an account like that, when you can get better results from the #ti994a search term.

Oh, and then the twitter app on the phone contains adds... (which this is all about) so I'll go back to my cave.

Edited by jedimatt42
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

(after some looking around...)

Ok, so we post something on Atariage, then we post a link to it on twitter using #ti994a ( which isn't a place, but a search term ) and people get the post advertised to them. If we are lucky, then a few of them stop by here and share something useful... if even just an impression or opinion.

'@TI99Stuff' is an account, trying to gather followers. But I don't know why anyone would 'follow' an account like that, when you can get better results from the #ti994a search term.

Oh, and then the twitter app on the phone contains adds... (which this is all about) so I'll go back to my cave.

There is actually a world beyond AtariAge out there you know ? Some very active Facebook Groups, like TI 99ers with over 1,600 members, TI-99 IUC etc., plus other great Twitter accounts like 99erNet - all just enjoying the TI community. Read them along with AtariAge and be happy! #ParsecForever

• Like 1

There is that word 'account' again. I don't understand why anyone would follow an account when you can get much more content by subscribing to the correct hashtag.

The results from the ti994a hashtag were far more substantive than the account. 

Edited by jedimatt42