IGNORED

5200 OE HSC Challenge 03/2021 Blueprint

zylon

After all the shooting, we'll take a more puzzling approach and play Blueprint on defaults. Use real 5200 systems and Atari-mfg controls. -1 HSC pt penalty for period analog sticks (Wico). Only modern tech allowed are flashcarts/SD loaders running original Roms. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

Round ends when month does.

Current HSC record- 

Rolled- do the same to claim the fame, and a +1

Final scores-

71,200  DamonicFury +11

41,150  MrTrust +10

29,100  rubeon +9

25,950  jetset +8

19,200  zylon +7

18,850  Bemis +6

15,750  RangerG +5

current standings-

DamonicFury - 20

jetset - 19

zylon - 19 

rubeon - 18

Bemis - 17

RangerG - 12

Blueprint (1982) (CBS) (U).a52

Edited by zylon

41,150.  Was trying to explain this game to my daughter this morning, and I told her I thought I remembered from my childhood the monster in the maze being called Fuzzy Wuzzy.  She asked "Why would they call him that?  He's not a stuffy and he's not friendly at all."

She was right.  He's not.

IMG_20210304_065059.jpg

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2021 at 4:59 PM, MrTrust said:

41,150.  Was trying to explain this game to my daughter this morning, and I told her I thought I remembered from my childhood the monster in the maze being called Fuzzy Wuzzy.  She asked "Why would they call him that?  He's not a stuffy and he's not friendly at all."

She was right.  He's not.

This is a game that I never gave a 2nd thought to, until playing it for HSC rounds. It grew on me and turned into one of my faves on the system. While kinda silly, it has a charm and there's more to it than expected.

I was always a fan of it; it's got a lot of personality for a game of its time and the difficulty tends incline well.  There was a board game made of it back that I discovered a few years back and tried tracking down a copy of with no luck.  Talk about a bizarre product.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

March comes to a close with DamonicFury bagging a convincing win, while the other places were well fought for. ?? Before we March on to the next month's game, thanks to those who played. April's round will be up this evening.

Final scores-

71,200  DamonicFury +11

41,150  MrTrust +10

29,100  rubeon +9

25,950  jetset +8

19,200  zylon +7

18,850  Bemis +6

15,750  RangerG +5