IGNORED

Unrecognized Characters in Filename Thwart File Transfer to nanoPEB

Fonzie

I have successfully downloaded dsk’s from ftp.whtech.com, extracted the files and transferred them to a nanoPEB using HDXS. That is, as long as filenames do not contain an “@“ or similar character. If they do, transfers stop and I get a file error. Changing filenames or eliminating the offending character(s) on the PC does not work. After changing filenames and entering HDX1. in source, the original file names appear like magic although with regards the “@“, it has been replaced by a forward slash,/. Is there a way around this problem?

On another note, the link to download version 2.0 CfHdxS1.-CfHdx serial nanoPEB version on Fred Kaal’s Project Page leads to Not Found in this server.

Just some files. Don´t know if here is the version you need, just try it:

CFHDXS1_PATCHED-nanoPEB.dsk

0052-CFHDXS1_PATCHED-RS.dsk

CFHDXS1-NanoPEB-pgmhdx_v20.zip

For the other @ issue, not sure if I understand the problem at all, so just a guess:

Maybe try to use TI99DIR from Fred Kaal to change the TIFILE-Name, and not the "real" filename on the PC ?

2 hours ago, Fonzie said:

I have successfully downloaded dsk’s from ftp.whtech.com, extracted the files and transferred them to a nanoPEB using HDXS. That is, as long as filenames do not contain an “@“ or similar character. If they do, transfers stop and I get a file error. Changing filenames or eliminating the offending character(s) on the PC does not work. After changing filenames and entering HDX1. in source, the original file names appear like magic although with regards the “@“, it has been replaced by a forward slash,/. Is there a way around this problem?

On another note, the link to download version 2.0 CfHdxS1.-CfHdx serial nanoPEB version on Fred Kaal’s Project Page leads to Not Found in this server.

So you need to rename the files on the pc side using TIDIR ..  that will rename both filenames the PC one and the internal filename in the file this is stored in either the v9t9 header or tifiles header on each file when you save it to the PC drive..  this is due to pc filename rules, HDX only looks at the filename in the header, which is why changing the pc filename does nothing.

also you can copy directly to the CF card using tidir as well..  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1