IGNORED

SHIFT838 384k Module for Geneve 9640

Shift838

SHIFT838 384k Daughter Board Interest Check for Geneve  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in purchasing a SHIFT838 384k memory module for the Geneve 9640

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. SHIFT838 384k Module Options

• Fully Assembled & Tested with all lead wires (Est. $40-45 USD)
    • DIY Kit - Everything Included - ALL Assembly Required -- I'm a Do'er! (Est. $30-$35 USD)
    • Not interested
  3. 3. If you interested, how many ?

• 3-5
    • 6 or more
    • None

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I am averse to doing mods on my Geneve (either one.. one has the Cecure +32K mod, the other is factory original with a lot of miles).

I'm not sure the benefits outweigh the risk of breaking it. Just having the thing working all the time now is great! I can't imagine having to troubleshoot a non-booting card because a wire fell off.

That said,  I could be convinced otherwise.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

I am averse to doing mods on my Geneve (either one.. one has the Cecure +32K mod, the other is factory original with a lot of miles).

I'm not sure the benefits outweigh the risk of breaking it. Just having the thing working all the time now is great! I can't imagine having to troubleshoot a non-booting card because a wire fell off.

That said,  I could be convinced otherwise.

I think it is of great benefit, to have the extra memory available. My issue with a wire is because the changes to add the 384 and flash eeproms were done back in the days of Cecure and there was no information dispersed at that time, and my stuff was stored in a crappy environment for 20 years. now a lot of those changes are documented and schematics can be found. So finding that wire shouldn't be a great issue. I'd say go for it.

• Like 1

I'll be, hopefully, pulling my geneve out and connecting it up soon. But I'll miss programming with SAM's availability.

I'll have to adjust though. But I need to learn the GenAsm and writing simple code until I get the hang of it anyway.

But I'll probably pass on the small ram upgrade. Maybe something much larger could be made, but I think I'll be Happy with tipi access.