IGNORED

Retro Game Restore might sell clear US SNES shells

Here it is:

I have their clear PC Engine case and it's awesome. If you have a US SNES that is discolored or damaged, maybe this would be an interesting option for you to consider if you want to make it look nice again. I don't have a US SNES, but I'd absolutely consider getting one for one of my Super Famicoms if they do a version for the SFC.

• Like 2

They've decided that they will attempt to sell it: http://retrogamerestore.com/snes_shell/

They need 500 orders placed or they won't be able to do it. Looks like the price will increase by $10 on Sunday, as well. I forgot how expensive these are, which is part of why I never bought the clear black case for the PC Engine.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ordered!  Looking forward to getting my SNES in this.  I had an extra i sold on ebay that had the case smashed by the USPS, but otherwise works.  It was returned to me, so this is the perfect solution and it may even become my main SNES!

They did a smoke one as well which looks quite good and i'm also tempted to order...but i'd need to find a super yellow SNES or something like that, not going to toss a good shell:

Store – Retro Game Restore

Edited by Rick Dangerous

11 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Ordered!  Looking forward to getting my SNES in this.  I had an extra i sold on ebay that had the case smashed by the USPS, but otherwise works.  It was returned to me, so this is the perfect solution and it may even become my main SNES!

They did a smoke one as well which looks quite good and i'm also tempted to order...but i'd need to find a super yellow SNES or something like that, not going to toss a good shell:

Store – Retro Game Restore

Yeah, I want to get the SFC one for one of my SFCs, but they are also looking at doing a Genesis/Mega Drive one and that is absolute top priority. I love the clear PC Engine one that I got in the very first batch when they started doing this and the 2 systems that I'd love to have this for are my SuperGrafx and my primary Mega Drive, especially since my main MD is actually missing one of its feet and it wobbles because of that. It's in great condition other than that, but given my love of the system...

There are lots of ultra-yellowed SFCs, though, and they also have the optional part that lets you fit US carts in it, so maybe you can find a super-yellowed SFC online and use that instead, but you'd have to get the actual SFC case for it, I believe.

Edited by Steven Pendleton