IGNORED

Riser suggestions for 1UP coctail cabinets

I recently "upgraded" my 1up Galaga machine to Ms Pacman coctail (best buy exclusive) with 8 games including Galaga. The old riser does not fit. Been there, tried that. Build quality has consistently improved over the years, though I am in the process of upgrading the buttons and sticks, however the control panel on these cabs sits uncomfortably low.

The cab has built in adjustable pegs which would make it simple to attach to an existing surface by way of bolt holes. I could buy an old wooden desk at a thrift store, saw the legs off and attach wheels.

Space in my studio is limited and all seating is tall bar stools. It would be nice to roll it out from the wall for two player action. Any suggestions or advice for intrepid DIYers?

Edited by Andromeda Stardust
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the hardware store and bought castors with 3" wheels. That helps, plus I got a pacman stool coming in the mail, which will be a bit shorter than my current barstools, sans the leg extentions.

My replacement buttons and coin door came in as well. Blue and cotton candy pink... ??

Plus there is something deeply satisfying about the cha-chink sound a quarter makes... ?

20210312_034929.jpg

20210312_034932.jpg

20210312_034854.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I screwed up badly. ???

My 12v supply for the led mod somehow got pinched underneath one of the button contacts and shorted out the control panel circuit board.

The arcade itself is still functional but all controls are unresponsive unless I want to stare at the ms pacman attract screen. If anyone knows of someone who can offer a replacement pcb or has a pinout diagram for the ribbon header, please let me know.

I also really don't like the fact there is a proprietary glop top on it, so I can't just wire the controls to the pin header.

20210404_041345.jpg

20210404_041320.jpg

On 4/7/2021 at 3:32 AM, Andromeda Stardust said:

I screwed up badly. ???

My 12v supply for the led mod somehow got pinched underneath one of the button contacts and shorted out the control panel circuit board.

The arcade itself is still functional but all controls are unresponsive unless I want to stare at the ms pacman attract screen. If anyone knows of someone who can offer a replacement pcb or has a pinout diagram for the ribbon header, please let me know.

I also really don't like the fact there is a proprietary glop top on it, so I can't just wire the controls to the pin header.

20210404_041345.jpg

20210404_041320.jpg

I'd take a look at one of the 1up modding facebook pages. A lot of those guys have gutted their cabs and have the original parts sitting around.

On 4/9/2021 at 6:40 PM, 4300 said:

I'd take a look at one of the 1up modding facebook pages. A lot of those guys have gutted their cabs and have the original parts sitting around.

It's spent at this point. I've cried and moved on. The screen and the cabinet are gorgeous.

I have already ordered the mod kit to convert it to a mame box with a highly curated set of roms. Just classic vertical 4-way games with 3 or fewer buttons. No fillers. As a bonus, I get to play all the best Nintendo, Atari, and Namco titles all in one unit.

I've decided to resurrect an old dinosaur Athlon XP shuttle pc and install linux mint/mame on it. It should run a lot smoother and be easier to setup than those Pi thingies everyone raves about. I'm even building a cigar box trackball "mouse" for centipede.

There is a ton of space to work with inside that cabinet.