IGNORED

Dust covers for Mega STe/TT?

I think that'd be problematic since you probably have a monitor over your TT/MSTE and depending on the situation, that's likely either a VGA monitor (TT) or an SC1224/1423/SMMxxxxx... or even an LCD.

You'd have to either make it a tarp (easy to find already) or make a custom - one for each monitor type (unlikely to be profitable).

7 minutes ago, Tillek said:

I think that'd be problematic since you probably have a monitor over your TT/MSTE and depending on the situation, that's likely either a VGA monitor (TT) or an SC1224/1423/SMMxxxxx... or even an LCD.

You'd have to either make it a tarp (easy to find already) or make a custom - one for each monitor type (unlikely to be profitable).

That is mostly right but there is a good percentage of people who use the right conversion cables with either vga or scart switches and run more than one retro computer on one monitor. 

Personally as mste/tt dust cover I assume one cover for the computer and one for the keyboard. But I am sure others dream up differently... In any case I haven't seen any such dust covers...

Well, yeah... you actually brought up a great point I didn't even think about.... the keyboard.

But I'm guessing at the end of the day, that's the real issue..... too many deltas.  Too many combinations. 

And even a "functional" dust cover would be problematic (one where you could leave things plugged in for use) because then you're blocking all the airflow and it overheats.

On 3/2/2021 at 8:30 PM, larrylaffer said:

On the other hand the different configurations/ways to use/preferences could have triggered a few dust cover designs, no? ?

Very curious if anybody posts any such dust cover picture...

With someone each buying one or two of each of the many combinations.... Not likely cost effective.

9 hours ago, grey/msb said:

Hello. We (Retro Venture) are considering doing dust covers for Mega ST & TT (at least for the keyboards). More infos soon :)

When it comes to my keyboards, it's probably better if you made a spilled beer protector (or spilled Pepsi, for those who prefer) than a "dust" protector. ;)

2 hours ago, calimero said:

Not for Mega ST/TT but I have a need to share some dust covers that I made for my retro computers :) :)

Reveal hidden contents

DSC01235.jpgDSC01237.jpgDSC01246.jpg

DSC01274.jpgDSC01305.jpgDSC01368.jpgDSC01371.jpgDSC01379.jpgDSC01389.jpgDSC01405.jpgDSC01445.jpgDSC01457.jpgDSC01469.jpg

Those are awesome!

I'd definitely be wanting to pickup some if they were available for sale.

Thanks for sharing.

Years ago I got Slor on the 8bit side to do a cover for my STacy.

(actually, he takes the orders and his wife does the work)

Anyway, I've always been very happy with the results. He did

not have a STacy to go by so I sent him the measurements but

I'm telling you, looks totally custom and righteous. 

Anyone seriously interested should contact him.

PS Probably stick to page 4 'cause if you see what one guy put on his

Amiga's cover ya'll might go volcanic. If it's any consolation, look at

what I put on the lower right corner of my STacy's cover.  :)  :)  :) 

(considering there wasn't any portable Amiga's released by C)

http://www.slor.net/a8/covers.html

post-5822-0-57026800-1364671218.thumb.jpg.07bca54085cd6a161de69a69d0e40ba8.jpg

9 minutes ago, calimero said:

Thanks for kind words! :)

I am not sure if they can be sold since production price is quite high, around 20$...

Heck, $20 for one of those wouldn't be too bad. Even $30 wouldn't be a bad price. I need to contact Slor eventually and get some covers for my 8-bit and 16-bit stuff.

14 minutes ago, calimero said:

I must ask what is commie crap?

(I google it and it have something with communist?)

That one struck me as odd as well. I think by commie, he meant Commodore. You're right, commie is a slang term for a communist.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, calimero said:

Not for Mega ST/TT but I have a need to share some dust covers that I made for my retro computers :) :)

Hide contents

DSC01235.jpgDSC01237.jpgDSC01246.jpg

DSC01274.jpgDSC01305.jpgDSC01368.jpgDSC01371.jpgDSC01379.jpgDSC01389.jpgDSC01405.jpgDSC01445.jpgDSC01457.jpgDSC01469.jpg

Those are bad-ass, Calimero.

You have my total admiration for the dust covers.. 

The yuppie-assed "feng shui" type presentation environment, not so much.. But the covers themselves..  Righteous, man.. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, ChrisM said:

"Commie" was definitely a Commodore dig.  I chuckled!

But I've come to accept our Commodore brothers.  Time has mellowed me...

This is true... I actually do have one and probably will get an Amiga sometime.  It's all good. ;)

• Like 1