IGNORED

Destroyer (Destructor) EPROM dump

ianoid

6 minutes ago, ianoid said:

OK, here are 6 more dumps. With cleaning and reinsertion between dumps. Thanks for looking at these!

The only subsequent dump that varies from the first is "CV Destroyer 5". The remainder are identical to the first one you supplied.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

I just did a binary comparison against the official cart release and there's around 1K bytes difference between them.

Assuming intentional differences, is it typical to expect from among the 1,160+ differences that only 1% (roughly) involve more than a single byte?

16 minutes ago, mumbai said:

The only subsequent dump that varies from the first is "CV Destroyer 5". The remainder are identical to the first one you supplied.

Agreed.  Looks like Destroyer 5 has around 6 to 7K bytes different to the rest so that one looks to be a bad dump.  With all of the others being identical I'd say that confirms that the original dump was good.

So, looks like @ianoid most likely has a proto version of the game there.  Nice ?

15 minutes ago, mumbai said:

Assuming intentional differences, is it typical to expect from among the 1,160+ differences that only 1% (roughly) involve more than a single byte?

I really don't have enough experience comparing progressive versions of games to provide a definitive answer.  What I would say is that with most of the changes being single bytes, the prototype is most likely a fairly late version.  Earlier versions may have been missing blocks of code or graphics and these would most likely show up as more contiguous blocks of byte differences between rom files.

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 1