IGNORED

Video of Japanese people playing the atari jaguar!

sirlynxalot

Here's a couple highlights:

1:38 - meeting Mr. Jaguar, a Japanese musician

4:24 - discussing the controller "Look at this controller! This top part is like a regular game controller, but why is there a phone pad on the other half!?"

5:20 - discussing the Jaguar's technical specs, they remark it was 64 bits but then say in actuality it used the same 68000 cpu used in the megadrive to dismiss its capabilities (no discussion of the other processors)

6:09 - Mr. Jaguar sees an Atari Jaguar

7:30 - playing Atari Karts  "What! Is this really 64 bits?"
8:14 - playing Atari Karts and getting stuck on an obstacle "This is weird! Why [am I stuck on the obstacle]!?"

8:34 - playing Kasumi Ninja, wearing the Kasumi Ninja headband, and imitating the Kasumi Ninja announcer

13:20 - putting the Iron Soldier overlay on the controller "Oh, now I see [what the phone pad is good for]! You can do various things with it"

14:40 - "You can fight with a chainsaw!? *[selects chainsaw and sees enemy in the distance]  I will kill you!"

They liked Iron Soldier

Bonus:

Mr. Jaguar's youtube channel with some of his music

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQrHfPQvKt1ryJObpFRftSQ

Edited by sirlynxalot
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 3/2/2021 at 8:28 PM, sirlynxalot said:

5:20 - discussing the Jaguar's technical specs, they remark it was 64 bits but then say in actuality it used the same 68000 cpu used in the megadrive to dismiss its capabilities (no discussion of the other processors)

Ha, so it should be easy to create a Megadrive / Genesis emulator on the Jaguar, right??

7 minutes ago, Zerosquare said:

Just ask CyranoJ. He loves answering that question.

*ducks*

If everyone stops making games for the Jaguar and we get one release announced and delivered 10 years later... job done right? Perfect Genesis emulation.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

If everyone stops making games for the Jaguar and we get one release announced and delivered 10 years later... job done right? Perfect Genesis emulation.

Ha!  Yeah with my post I preceded it by a 'Ha' for that very reason.  Just because a chip is the same, doesn't mean a whole lot.  You kind of perfected the method of porting ST games, but the Genesis is a bit different of a beast! 

There didn't seem to be that much going on in the genesis homebrew/indie development scene for many years, but just in the last two years some very interesting and polished genesis projects have come up and I'd love to see them on the jag... maybe I should bug some of the developers and entice them with the fact that the consoles have a similar processor ;)

4 hours ago, sirlynxalot said:

There didn't seem to be that much going on in the genesis homebrew/indie development scene for many years, but just in the last two years some very interesting and polished genesis projects have come up and I'd love to see them on the jag... maybe I should bug some of the developers and entice them with the fact that the consoles have a similar processor ;)

Seriously, that SGDK development tool was a blessing for the Genesis/Mega Drive scene. I hope one day that the SNES gets the same treatment with a tool of that caliber and I hope people makes good use of the Jag Studio kit.