IGNORED

Here comes the "Leningrad-II"...

Faicuai

Or whatever is left of this ZX-Spectrum clone (and cheap !!):

F14DA779-01D6-41DB-8ACE-0F854DB99505.thumb.jpeg.44728356b696cc64e5e04a8f8fcfb783.jpeg

For those souls out there who are feeling brave:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LENINGRAD-2-soviet-clone-of-Zx-Spectrum-48-atari-amstrad-amiga-msx-computer/223509922519?hash=item340a3ac2d7:g:gfAAAOSwQktf2nNC

Never imagined that such thing ever existed...

I makes me wonder about Atari/8bit clone, though... Vostok? Rasputin-3?

There's got to be one, somewhere... 8-)

Edited by Faicuai

Speaking as someone with something of an interest in Soviet- and post-Soviet-era Russian computers, I'd be all over this if it wasn't for the two empty sockets.

The seller mentions that caps were scavenged from the board, and those can be fairly easily replaced with close-enough substitutes.  But the missing CPU (which was almost certainly a Soviet Z80 clone, and probably not 100% Z80-compatible) along with whatever's meant to go in the other smaller socket mean 'good luck'.

25 minutes ago, TGB1718 said:

Looks like a real professional job ?

Given the time and place of its birth, I really do have to give whoever put that together credit.  It's rough and ready, sure, but if it worked, I can't really fault it too much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Faicuai said:

I makes me wonder about Atari/8bit clone, though... Vostok? Rasputin-3?

There's got to be one, somewhere... 8-)

Soviet Union had tons of ZX Spectrum clones and Z80 based computers, but I haven't seen much Atari activity east of Poland.

• Like 2

They are selling Robik on e-bay now, a soviet spectrum.  Also Delta-c and Robi-48  (if anyone want to search them up), they'll ship it tested with power supply and scart hookup (scart to hdmi adapters are cheap nowadays).

I thought about it, since I can read and type in Russian, but "spectrum" - well I just didn't own one before, so not thinking I'll ever find the time for it.

As for Russian atari activity, this is the atari forum at zx-pk.ru 

https://zx-pk.ru/forums/51-atari.html

• Like 4

On 3/3/2021 at 12:09 PM, TGB1718 said:

Looks like a real professional job ?

Yeah, that board looks like some of the self-etched boards we made for various projects in my early computer electronics courses 35 years ago at university.

And look at the bottom of the board if you check out the ebay link. That has to be some of the nastiest soldering I've seen in a long time. And who can't spare a little time afterwards for some IA and a toothbrush scrub to cleanup some of the flux and give the board a nice shine?

Edited by bfollowell

по моему, Российская империя - это именно там, где говорят по-русски.

Поэтому этот пост является активностью на атари-8 на русском

кстати, мое имя в реальности - Роби, поэтому я заинтересован в комп Роби-48

No need to translate, it says

in my opinion the Russian empire extends as far as the Russian language.

Therefore this post now represent Atari-8 Russian actiivty :)

Btw, as in real life my name is Robi - hence the interest in a computer named Robi-48.

• Haha 1

as far as I recall Vova is short for Vladimir, Vlad is short for Vladislav.

But I got the feeling you might've been referring to a certain Vladimir, probably not Lenin, maybe a bit more recent.

He who shall not be named.  Of course I'm being silly.  When I was studying Russian, a classmate was from Korea.  He didn't speak English, I didn't speak Korean, but we tried to talk in Russian.  He referred to america as "empire".   I thought it would be funny to do the same....ah, entertaining myself I see.

oh well, back to work! catch ya'll tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1