IGNORED

2600 Gyruss Hack (possible attempt)

Hi all,

Think I might try another hack to see if I can make one of my favorites a better game.  This time the Atari 2600 Parker Brothers Gyruss.

Question for anyone here is, before I go disassemble it, has anyone seen a disassembled copy maybe with some comments.  I'd rather not start out be reinventing the wheel the someone may have already started.

• Like 2

It's going to take a while but i hope to take it, make the display slightly better, colors are little better, add some sound effects and maybe the test between stages like the arcade game had.  The original was really good, but when some enhancements especially with the new boards, could really help to get a cleaned up game going on.

This was one of my favorite forgotten games.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2021 at 10:26 AM, rallyrabbit said:

Question for anyone here is, before I go disassemble it, has anyone seen a disassembled copy maybe with some comments.  I'd rather not start out be reinventing the wheel the someone may have already started.

@Thomas Jentzsch posted that he had a basic disassembly of Gyruss. You may want ask him to see if he still has it. It's one of my favourite games so I would love to see an improved version of the 2600 port, even though it's already really good.

- James

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...