IGNORED

CLUB COLECOVISION

tanuki

I can't get on board with the 3 game minimum.  This whole thing just seems unnecessarily convoluted.  How many speculators do you really think are trolling the AtariAge forums looking to spend 75€ for a future mystery game that may or may not have any value on the secondhand market?

To each their own I guess, but I'm not going to support this model.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sargon said:

I can't get on board with the 3 game minimum.  This whole thing just seems unnecessarily convoluted.  How many speculators do you really think are trolling the AtariAge forums looking to spend 75€ for a future mystery game that may or may not have any value on the secondhand market?

the 75 euros are to be member of the club (with the magazines , goodies , etc...)    , the game is a bonus offered for free under the condition you have (or will have during the membership duration) at least three of coté Gamers's Colecovision games. 

when i read you , i have the feeling you think you buy a "mystery" game for 75 euros...  that's not the case at all. It would be far to expensive for a simple game!!!

For 75 euros you are Member of Coté Gamers Colecovision club and you have access to all the advantages, gifts , mag and others surprises...  including a free game.

But Tanuki can surely explain better than me.   At least it is how i have understood things. :)

*edit:  did you notice also that in fact the subscription to the club is only 40 euros (the rest is shipping cost...)  

Edited by youki
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, youki said:

the 75 euros are to be member of the club (with the magazines , goodies , etc...)    , the game is a bonus offered for free under the condition you have (or will have during the membership duration) at least three of coté Gamers's Colecovision games. 

when i read you , i have the feeling you think you buy a "mystery" game for 75 euros...  that's not the case at all. It would be far to expensive for a simple game!!!

For 75 euros you are Member of Coté Gamers Colecovision club and you have access to all the advantages, gifts , mag and others surprises...  including a free game.

But Tanuki can surely explain better than me.   At least it is how i have understood things. :)

*edit:  did you notice also that in fact the subscription to the club is only 40 euros (the rest is shipping cost...)  

And the subscription give you 11€ available on Pengy too.

1 hour ago, Sargon said:

You don't need to have 3 games to subscribe to our club. These games (you can obtain them in the year following your subscription) are only asked to give you the "free" game. It's a proof you keep the game and don't try to make money with them. You can find on ebay people that sell our games for 3 times the price even if these games are still available in our shop!

3 hours ago, nobtis5 said:

Well, they lost my business.  I really wanted to join, but I don't have 3 of their games... I guess they don't like new customers.  

You don't need to have the 3 games to join the club.

The 3 games are just required to have the free game.

If you are a colecovision fan, even without the free game, you will have great value for your money. 

I'll play devil's advocate, to maybe help better vocalize the "issues" others have stated.  

So Cote Gamers...is advertising/offering/selling a club membership...which includes all sorts of club things...including a magazine, membership card, and the likes.  Then there is the additional mention of an "exclusive free game"...if a "club member" owns 3 of their other games.  

What a perspective game collectors reads is...to get this "exclusive game" that I want to own (and I could care less about the "club items," magazine, membership card and the likes), I have to pay 75€ (40€ subscription + 30€ shipping + 5€ covering paypal transaction fees)...plus own 3 other Cote Gamers games...for this one "exclusive game."  

So Cote Gamers is selling a "club" and offering a free game to members with 3 other games...but what buyers are looking at, is they have to pay for this club (that maybe they don't care about), plus own 3 other games...just to have a chance to own this one other exclusive game.  

As a person who no longer cares about collectible memorabilia, magazines, or trinkets...that's how I see it.  Now again, I understand that you are selling a club, and the purpose of the club, is the memorabilia, and the magazine, and the trinkets...but I'm sure there are others like me...who are interested in games...and not the collectibles.  

Please note, I'm not angry, or upset about what you are doing, or offering...I'm just trying to help all those understand, why some may be upset with this, as previously posted.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eebuckeye said:

I thought I read that members this year did not need to have 3x games for the free game - is that correct?

no, to have the free game you have to own 3x games .  But not necessary at the moment you apply to the club.  If you get the 3 games during the year where you are member , you can have the free game.

14 minutes ago, doubledown said:

I'll play devil's advocate, to maybe help better vocalize the "issues" others have stated.  

So Cote Gamers...is advertising/offering/selling a club membership...which includes all sorts of club things...including a magazine, membership card, and the likes.  Then there is the additional mention of an "exclusive free game"...if a "club member" owns 3 of their other games.  

What a perspective game collectors reads is...to get this "exclusive game" that I want to own (and I could care less about the "club items," magazine, membership card and the likes), I have to pay 75€ (40€ subscription + 30€ shipping + 5€ covering paypal transaction fees)...plus own 3 other Cote Gamers games...for this one "exclusive game."  

So Cote Gamers is selling a "club" and offering a free game to members with 3 other games...but what buyers are looking at, is they have to pay for this club (that maybe they don't care about), plus own 3 other games...just to have a chance to own this one other exclusive game.  

As a person who no longer cares about collectible memorabilia, magazines, or trinkets...that's how I see it.  Now again, I understand that you are selling a club, and the purpose of the club, is the memorabilia, and the magazine, and the trinkets...but I'm sure there are others like me...who are interested in games...and not the collectibles.  

Please note, I'm not angry, or upset about what you are doing, or offering...I'm just trying to help all those understand, why some may be upset with this, as previously posted.  

Yes exactly, Coté Gamers is selling a CLUB here,  not a game.    i think a little like Opcode does  with his Opcode's club .  he does not offer game with his club?

The difference is that Coté Gamers offer lot of more in his club . (and explain why it is a little more expensive ,   but unfortunately a big part of the cost is shipping, because there will be 4 shipping a year (tanuki confirm?) and Coté Gamers ships from France.

15 minutes ago, Swami said:

I’m curious if Intellivision games count, like Maria and Fantasy Puzzle. 

I sure hope so. I have Intellivision Maria and Fantasy Puzzle big box already, and a pre-order in for Odyssey 2 Frozen Fortress, but no ColecoVision games.