IGNORED

CLUB COLECOVISION

tanuki

The game has been fully tested on  Standard Colecovision  Secam ,  PAL , NTSC and HBVision.  It runs fine.   

Unfortunately , we don't have Phoenix to test.  We are trying to find one to able also to test our future game. (just to validate it works on it)

But it is very strange it does not work on Phoenix... Donuts man do nothing "special" nor use tricks or what ever. 

It seems the Phoenix need an update.  I have no clue why it does not work on Phoenix.

My target is just standard Colecovision.   The Phoenix claims to be 100% compatible, so i assume it should work.

Donuts Man uses the same game engine than Muncher Mouse , do you have issue with Muncher Mouse on the Phoenix?

Did you raise the issue at Collectorvision?

• Like 2

thinking about this issue.. make me think to that thread

Cavern Fighter and Second Gen Phoenix issues - CollectorVision - AtariAge Forums

Is the problem only on a certain version of the Phoenix  or certain Core version?

From what i can see in addition of our tests  on Standard Colecovision  Secam ,  PAL , NTSC and HBVision.  

It works also on :   Colecovision RGB Modded NTSC  and   Colecovision F18A  (NTSC?) modded.

That is strange is that is does not crash at the begining , at least at the first level transition.  It is always the same code with is executed each time.

5 hours ago, youki said:

The game has been fully tested on  Standard Colecovision  Secam ,  PAL , NTSC and HBVision.  It runs fine.   

Unfortunately , we don't have Phoenix to test.  We are trying to find one to able also to test our future game. (just to validate it works on it)

But it is very strange it does not work on Phoenix... Donuts man do nothing "special" nor use tricks or what ever. 

It seems the Phoenix need an update.  I have no clue why it does not work on Phoenix.

My target is just standard Colecovision.   The Phoenix claims to be 100% compatible, so i assume it should work.

Donuts Man uses the same game engine than Muncher Mouse , do you have issue with Muncher Mouse on the Phoenix?

It was 100% compatible with the retail games of yore (except the roller controller issue, which was solved). It has had various issues with a number of homebrews, although I think most of them have been solved with firmware or blocking the 7 and 9 quadrature pins.

5 hours ago, youki said:

I totally understand that the target is a standard Colecovision.

I have Muncher Mouse and never ran into any issues with it that I can remember but will pull it out today to test out of curiosity. The issue with Donuts Man was on a Gen 1 Phoenix...  I have a Gen 2 which I may try today as well...  again just out of curiosity. I received my Cote package as well as a Collectorvision package on the same day...  I have not played the CV games yet which included Cavern Fighter. I have always been drawn to maze games...  so DM is the only game I have played a lot :). I played MM a lot when I first got that one as well :).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, youki said:

How does one go about buying an HBVision or did this stop at the prototype phase? HBVision is the one made by fabf, right? Or is that someone else?

4 hours ago, youki said:

thinking about this issue.. make me think to that thread

Cavern Fighter and Second Gen Phoenix issues - CollectorVision - AtariAge Forums

Is the problem only on a certain version of the Phoenix  or certain Core version?

Just for your info, my Phoenix is first gen with the latest cores (Service = A0 : CV = 7).

1 hour ago, Swami said:

How does one go about buying an HBVision or did this stop at the prototype phase? HBVision is the one made by fabf, right? Or is that someone else?

It is not possible to buy a HBVision.  I have a prototype as i worked with Fabf on the project.  For now , it is on hold. Fabf has other priorities.  I hope we will finally release it one day because it a very interesting project .

I use the HBVision to test as it is also based on FPGA  and in its current state i think it should be in theory less "compatible" than the Phoenix.  so in my mind, if it works on the HBVision , it should work with the Phoenix. But unfortunately it seems not :(

2 hours ago, MMarcoux66 said:

I totally understand that the target is a standard Colecovision.

I have Muncher Mouse and never ran into any issues with it that I can remember but will pull it out today to test out of curiosity. The issue with Donuts Man was on a Gen 1 Phoenix...  I have a Gen 2 which I may try today as well...  again just out of curiosity. I received my Cote package as well as a Collectorvision package on the same day...  I have not played the CV games yet which included Cavern Fighter. I have always been drawn to maze games...  so DM is the only game I have played a lot :). I played MM a lot when I first got that one as well :).

yes, it would be great if you can  test on a gen 2 . it would be very interesting to know if  the behavior change .

• Like 1

This is the new game for ColecoVision club members.

The rules :
-Play Pengy, on a real console.
-film your console and your screen
-play in Hard mode
-Eliminate all the monsters
-don't lose any life
-post your video on this topic or on our facebook group
-the game ends next Friday, at 19h, the hour of Paris/France.

The winner is the one (or those, in case of a tie) who will finish the first 6 levels with the most points.

1517479354_JeuPengy.thumb.png.817a0aea74327d387387a8fd9c5bf2d1.png
Edited by tanuki

So if you are having a contest to play pengy should I be worried that I haven't received the games I bought in March, I haven't received Pengy, I haven't received my club games.  None of these were purchased through your site since it doesn't work.  All of them were paid through paypal invoice.

7 hours ago, evg2000 said:

i’m still waiting on mine also.  just checked the status and it shows it’s been in customs since 10/6 :(

That would be even more of a problem since I have never received notice that they were mailed so no status to check. Sucks that yours is stuck at customs though.

12 hours ago, tanuki said:

Hum, sorry to hear that. Can you please give me your paypal transaction number. All packages are shipped. If you still don't have it, chances are it is lost.

I sent you pm with all the transaction ids.  Since I have never received notification of shipment I would assume the orders are getting fulfilled from the site transactions and nobody looked at paypal invoices because your site never works for me.  

P.S. I just remembered, I got the discount for Pengy so you guys knew I had ordered the club.  However still no club shipment notification or obviously the shipment.

Edited by ColecoDan

Hello people,

We propose a new daily game on our facebook group.
It consists in showing us a screenshot of a game on which we can see an element that we quote. It is possible to win between 1 and 4 points. For practical reasons, this game is only available on the group but we will propose another game for the newsletters and this forum. Stay alert ;)

3 minutes ago, MMarcoux66 said:

I played 5 straight games of DM on the Gen2 and had no issues with the game.

thanks a lot for your tests!

So it seems it an issue only with the Phoenix 1 ?

I don't know the difference between the 1 and the 2 ?...  is it a question of core version?  the 1 can be update with the core of the 2 ?

11 minutes ago, youki said:

thanks a lot for your tests!

So it seems it an issue only with the Phoenix 1 ?

I don't know the difference between the 1 and the 2 ?...  is it a question of core version?  the 1 can be update with the core of the 2 ?

No problem, happy to help. It makes my work conference calls go by faster when I am not presenting..  lol...

The Gen1 has the v7 CV core and the Gen2 has the v8 core, so there is a difference. They made some changes between versions of firmware due to updates in the hardware itself between generations. I am not sure what those are and if they are going to merge them to make 1 united firmware. At present, they are warning against putting Gen1 firmware on Gen2 and vice versa. 

Edited by MMarcoux66
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1