IGNORED

atari lynx 2 restoration - no screws help please !!

therbking1980

3 hours ago, therbking1980 said:

I bought a faulty lynx 2 console that I am wanting to get restored/repaired. However it is missing all the screws, does anyone know what size screws I need to replace them with and how many please. There is no information anywhere online and I would love someone's help if possible. 

The outer shell has 4 self-tapping screws with an outer diameter of 3mm. The lengths of the screws appears to be 12mm (including the head of the screw).

Inside you need 6 self-tapping screws with an outer diameter of 3 mm. The length of these appears to be 10mm (including the head of the screw).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, karri said:

The outer shell has 4 self-tapping screws with an outer diameter of 3mm. The lengths of the screws appears to be 12mm (including the head of the screw).

Inside you need 6 self-tapping screws with an outer diameter of 3 mm. The length of these appears to be 10mm (including the head of the screw).

Thanks for that. Not sure what to order or where from though. I am happy to buy off anyone off here.

Edited by therbking1980
Save posting again

On 3/7/2021 at 1:29 PM, therbking1980 said:

Anyone have any idea where I can get replacement ribbon cables for the Lynx 2 ? Pretty much need that and screws lol. Ordered a new lcd

You referring to the Mylar for the controls? If so Best in the US has them and I know Pete at Telegames UK did have some a couple years ago but not sure if he still has stock.  

9 hours ago, therbking1980 said:

I am in the UK unfortunately however would be willing to pay for them :)

If in the UK it might be cheaper to take up LX.NET on his offer. Last week I sent a loose Nintendo DS game to the UK in the poly bag (2oz) and it cost $13.50 because it cant go through the mail sorting machines.  But if it was a flat envelop then they would of only charge a fraction of the price around $4 since it can be machine sorted. I know it sucks US Postal system has raised prices like crazy the past couple years. 

8 hours ago, oakcitycomics said:

If in the UK it might be cheaper to take up LX.NET on his offer. Last week I sent a loose Nintendo DS game to the UK in the poly bag (2oz) and it cost $13.50 because it cant go through the mail sorting machines.  But if it was a flat envelop then they would of only charge a fraction of the price around $4 since it can be machine sorted. I know it sucks US Postal system has raised prices like crazy the past couple years. 

Yeah its sorted with LX now. Thank you though

On 3/5/2021 at 8:18 AM, oakcitycomics said:

If you are in the USA i have a box full of screws harvested from broken Lynx II consoles that had busted cases.  I never toss out screws haha.. 

Ooh, PM incoming, I need to buy a set of those screws!

On 3/9/2021 at 4:21 AM, oakcitycomics said:

I don't suppose you have a volume wheel that will fit an atari lynx mk1 do you ?