IGNORED

CPU vs. CPU

eddhell

Looking for everyone's input, what games had an actual computer vs. computer or extended demo mode?  Interested mostly in A2600, Intellivision, Colecovision, A800, and Commodore 64 formats....anything like later Madden football games that could play cpu vs cpu....

Best example I could find was M.U.L.E. on C-64.  All players can be set to CPU control and the computer will play a full game by itself in it's entirety.  NOTE:  Does not work exactly the same on Atari computers...it has a built in primitive 'screen saver' that requires a button press every few minutes.

6 minutes ago, eddhell said:

I had Spy vs. Spy back in the 80's on C-64, but I don't remember the cpu vs. mode...was this only on atari version?

In the Atari version you just load the game and leave it alone. It will go into a demo mode where the spies go after each other. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

In the Atari version you just load the game and leave it alone. It will go into a demo mode where the spies go after each other. 

ahhh ok...not actually a mode to choose but a lengthy demo mode (which is cool)

I think the C64 does that too, now that I think about it.

• 2 weeks later...