IGNORED

Season 11 ~ Week 5 ~ No Escape AND Star Voyager

Vocelli

2 hours ago, Atarian7 said:

I don't know how to play and I scored a "whopping" 150 points.  I just read the instruction manual and I'm still not sure how to play.

You throw stones up to the bricks at the top, trying to get a brick to fall and hit one of the bad guys. If you end up hitting one with your stone instead, it just multiplies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2021 at 7:59 PM, fakecortex said:

So according to the manual for No Escape, the color/bw switch pauses! Sweet.

Just quoting myself, don't worry about it

Also, maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it mentions a 99 point bonus for having every stone loosen a brick and hit a fury in wave 1 & 2. Not sure if that means collectively between the 2 waves or each individual one, but either way, doesn't seem like too much of a bonus for how hard it seems. Guess more testing will see how hard it really is.

Anyway, Star Voyager is pretty cool. Although sometimes I cannot for the life of me find the star portal (getting the hang of the controls I suppose), while other times it's right there. And if you manage to finish a level and die at the same time, you get some crazy overlapping of music. Also, one game, I managed to get 10 kills and finish on the orange screen, which by the calculation in the manual would have me at 80 points for 3 chevrons, but instead it put me at 2. This only happened b/c I missed the portal and had to replay a level, so I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it.

Lasers > Torpedoes, tho I do need to practice with those...

Star Voyager - 3 Chevy Impalas

starvoyager-3chev.thumb.JPG.14a09460476ee7285c75036216650cc1.JPG

I can't remember exactly-I think you have to complete both waves for the "bonus".

Also can't remember exactly, but the manual refers to a "multiplier" that had me drooling, but the first time I did it, I remember being disappointed, it's "only" the 99 points, I'm pretty sure.

Worth trying to do, but not really all that productive.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 10:37 AM, fakecortex said:

You throw stones up to the bricks at the top, trying to get a brick to fall and hit one of the bad guys. If you end up hitting one with your stone instead, it just multiplies.

Thanks.  I knew about hitting the bricks but I didn't know you're not supposed to hit the bad guys from below. 

• Like 2

Star Voyager-4 Chevrons.

I can prolly go a little higher now, now that I figured out how to find the stargate things "on purpose", but I'm not incredibly sure I am going to, I dunno.

Not my favorite game, but once you understand it, it's "a game", at least.

2600StarVoyager4stars.png

• Haha 1

Really helps to be able to "find" the Star Portals, and since it was a stumper for me, I'm sure there's at least somebody else who hasn't figured it out.

During the "break" scenes, when you can find the Portal, you have to use the radar at the bottom-the portal is in the middle, and you simply have to guide your "dot" to the middle to find it.

The dot has airplane controls, right is left, left is right(or whatever), takes some getting used to, and you can't always get there(I think), but knowing HOW can really extend a round.

• Like 2